Notices

Old 31 Oct 17, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsH070707
Excited about Disney

58 days baby!

Everything booked, fully paid, all park tickets received - all that's left is Fastpasses, pre-booking flight seats and spending money

I cannot believe my husband and kids still don't know we are going - I am so excited and nervous; just gotta try and keep it together for 8 more weeks
Old 31 Oct 17, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Leelsisy
Excited about Disney

I paid my Attractions Tickets Direct bill today, so I'm in much the same place as you. I'm lucky enough to have already got my fastpasses at 60 days out- it's spending money I'm onto next. Keep thinking what we can do without now so that I can add a bit more onto Florida spends (not entirely successfully, I might add). I'm so excited , both for us, and for you and your lucky family who have a wonderful surprise in store!
Old 31 Oct 17, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I've just stumbled on your pre-trip. Wow! How exciting. I can't believe you have seriously managed to keep this as a secret.

I'm panicking on your behalf. What about organising annual leave? What about making sure all the cases get packed and my mind has just gone into overdrive. oh my goodness I've gone off the deep end, deep breaths... I'm sure you have it all sorted.

Not too long now and you can book your fast passes. Good luck getting all the attractions that you want.

I imagine Christmas is magical. I've seen vlogs of the monorail resorts and the decorations they have, do you have any time to visit them built into your plans?

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 17, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsH070707
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I've just stumbled on your pre-trip. Wow! How exciting. I can't believe you have seriously managed to keep this as a secret.

I'm panicking on your behalf. What about organising annual leave? What about making sure all the cases get packed and my mind has just gone into overdrive. oh my goodness I've gone off the deep end, deep breaths... I'm sure you have it all sorted.

Not too long now and you can book your fast passes. Good luck getting all the attractions that you want.

I imagine Christmas is magical. I've seen vlogs of the monorail resorts and the decorations they have, do you have any time to visit them built into your plans?
Ha ha, I honestly don't know - I have been so close to cracking on numerous occasions (have to watch my mouth after a couple of rum and cokes!)

Thankfully my DH is a freelance designer and he 'shuts down' from mid-December usually til mid-Jan so that's OK. Have spoken to my daughters school and have had to do all that under the radar so to speak.

The cases and packing saga are going to be an interesting one - I am actually going to buy brand new cases end of this month; to be fair our 'normal' cases are a bit knackered but its mostly because no way am I venturing into the dark loft to try and get them down covertly by myself That means I can chuck a sheet over them in the corner of our bedroom and claim that its my secret Xmas present pile. Unbelievably this is a sacred thing to my DH and kids so I know they won't go near it! Meanwhile, I am feigning being ultra organised and told my DH I am getting all the summer clothes laundered, ironed and folded so I can pack them away in cupboards whilst we crawl through the winter months. I already have a giant stockpile in the back of my wardrobe of new socks, pants, swimwear, calpol, hair gel, plasters, sun tan lotion etc that I have been slowly adding to each month.

The real challenge is knowing what to take clothes-wise - Im going for a mix of summer/autumn/winter layers and hoping for the best!

We were lucky enough to have gone to Disney in summer last year so we can take it a little easier and hopefully soak up more of the atmosphere than killing ourselves trying to get on rides or meet every character in the known universe. Im keeping my fingers crossed for fastpasses but given the time of year and that the onsiters have already had first bite of the cherry, Im managing my expectations LOL

Can't wait
Old 2 Nov 17, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsH070707
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Leelsisy View Post
I paid my Attractions Tickets Direct bill today, so I'm in much the same place as you. I'm lucky enough to have already got my fastpasses at 60 days out- it's spending money I'm onto next. Keep thinking what we can do without now so that I can add a bit more onto Florida spends (not entirely successfully, I might add). I'm so excited , both for us, and for you and your lucky family who have a wonderful surprise in store!
I know right - I am trying to delicately convince my DH that we don't need to go mad at Christmas this year which is working not one bit!

Eek, time is flying!
Old 20 Dec 17, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsH070707
Excited about Disney

Well, you couldn't make it up... it was the first week in December...the decs were going up, the Christmas music was on, mince pies and baileys were being consumed, I was on the home straight and everything was going to plan... and then
Flu, chest infections and vertigo all round and a family funeral to boot

I have managed no secret packing as yet let alone organising all the Christmas food/drinks etc that I know I have to do and this the first day Im officially 'out of bed'... in fact I still need to go and buy the 3rd suitcase! Urgh, never a dull moment!
Old 20 Dec 17, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsIceCreamVan
I have Ears

Read your pre trippie a few weeks back and meant to comment on how much it made me laugh - similiar sense of humour I think!

Just seeing your update has made me nervous and excited for you all over again and I really hope the reveal goes exactly the way you plan it!

Fingers crossed the lurgy leaves you soon and you'll all be in the best of health to really enjoy your holiday! We're out at the end of January (Hubs doesn't know yet) so it'll be good to hear your thoughts if you have the time.

I went at Christmas in 2013; it was mostly warm during the day and cool in the evenings but then we could have just been really lucky with the weather. It looked like a few of the locals were dressed for skiing. You are going to have such a great time and I wish you fun filled days!
MrsIceCreamVan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 17, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Oh no you've been suffering from the same thing we had by the sounds of it. I hope your final few days of planning and organising go well.

Single digits now!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 17, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Not a trippe report kinda guy, but clicked this through the forum spy thing. Youre waaaaaaaaay organised compared to me haha
Looking forward to reading your next post.
Old 1 Jan 18, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hope the reveal went well and that you're having a magical holiday!
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List