Notices
Intro's and Welcomes Introduce yourself and be welcomed into our community.

Old 22 Aug 17, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Leelsisy
Excited about Disney

Hi we are there at much the same time - 23rd December to 5th January. I've been planning this trip since October 2015! You might like to visit Celebration to see the snow fall. I've got it pencilled in for Christmas Eve if we're not too exhausted! Hope to see you there! I've just re-read Mrs Pumba's food report from last Christmas to get me in the mood.
Old 22 Aug 17, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Leelsisy View Post
Hi we are there at much the same time - 23rd December to 5th January. I've been planning this trip since October 2015! You might like to visit Celebration to see the snow fall. I've got it pencilled in for Christmas Eve if we're not too exhausted! Hope to see you there! I've just re-read Mrs Pumba's food report from last Christmas to get me in the mood.
I need to get in these reports! Those are our exact dates too! Are you flying from Manchester?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 17, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post

I've been looking for somewhere for Christmas lunch and came across Gaylord Palms, looks like there's lots of festive stuff going on there.
Old 23 Aug 17, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
afoley
I want to go now!

Christmas and New Year

Christmas and New Year was really special when we went. It was very surreal as we spent Christmas Eve at Blizzard Beach water park. On Christmas day we went to Magic Kingdom then had Christmas lunch in Planet Hollywood - formerly Downtown Disney now Disney Springs.

We had a Villa, so also bought a Christmas Tree and decorations from the supermarkets and made the villa out like we would at home - 5 year old DD loved it. Hope you enjoy Christmas as much as we did.
afoley is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 17, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Cannavar
Imagineer

Cannavar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We had our 3rd Christmas in Disney World last year. Our favourite time of the year to go.

Take it nice and easy and relax and you will love every minute. Its not a busy as some people will say but it can be manic at times. At those times its best to let the world run by and sit with a Starbucks or Joffries and just enjoy the weather and the view

Wish we were going this year new kitchen left us with just enough for a Paris trip.
Hawaii 12
Southern States Tour 15
Vancouver and Pacific NW 16
Canadian and US Road Trip 18
The short hop over the pond trip report
The Long Trip Down Under trip report

Cannavar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 17, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Cannavar
Imagineer

Cannavar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
PS...just seen you are staying in a villa...I hate to tell you but the biggest issue at Christmas is the traffic around the Orlando area. Its utterly crazy. 2 hours each way to the malls on some days. We always stay inside Disney and Universal simply due to the traffic. We know someone who went when we did, staying in a villa and the traffic was so bad it really ruined their trip and they wanted to come home.

Make sure you check maps for all the different routes and use Google before you go to get the latest traffic. The shortedt route might not be the quickest.
Hawaii 12
Southern States Tour 15
Vancouver and Pacific NW 16
Canadian and US Road Trip 18
The short hop over the pond trip report
The Long Trip Down Under trip report

Cannavar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 17, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cannavar View Post
PS...just seen you are staying in a villa...I hate to tell you but the biggest issue at Christmas is the traffic around the Orlando area. Its utterly crazy. 2 hours each way to the malls on some days. We always stay inside Disney and Universal simply due to the traffic. We know someone who went when we did, staying in a villa and the traffic was so bad it really ruined their trip and they wanted to come home.

Make sure you check maps for all the different routes and use Google before you go to get the latest traffic. The shortedt route might not be the quickest.
Thanks, yes we're staying outside of Orlando so we can maybe go around a lot of the traffic. We'll find out when we get there. Must get a live sat nav app though!
Old 30 Aug 17, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Leelsisy
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by KirstyWorsty View Post
I need to get in these reports! Those are our exact dates too! Are you flying from Manchester?
Sorry I missed your response. We are flying from Gatwick at 1.00pm. I'm starting to get very excited. Maybe the family will too, soon! For a long time they have just ignored me muttering in the corner about ADRS and fastpasses!
Old 30 Aug 17, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Fifimouse
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Fifimouse's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Christmas is fantastic in wdw. If you are jot tgat pushed about rides i'd suggest touring the different resorts to see all the different decorating. It really gives that Christmas feel snd take some photo's at the different trees x .

Cannot wait to see wdw some year again for Christmas. Lovely happy atmosphere.
Old 31 Aug 17, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi Kirsty,

Hello! We're off to Disney / Universal on the 19th Dec through to Jan 1st, first time for our kids (we haven't been in 15 years) and we can't wait.

So many good tips / helpful people on the forums that have been a big help in planning. I hope you have a lovely time