Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 31 Aug 17, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Lau-nicole
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by firsttimedream View Post
Can't wait to hear more😊
Thanks! Wishing the countdown would hurry up
Lau-nicole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 17, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I always love a food report. You've got some great restaurants on your list, so I'm looking forward to this.

But I have to say there is a time and a place for fruit of any kind and it's not on a pizza! What on earth are you thinking? Pineapple on pizza

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 17, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Lau-nicole
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I always love a food report. You've got some great restaurants on your list, so I'm looking forward to this.

But I have to say there is a time and a place for fruit of any kind and it's not on a pizza! What on earth are you thinking? Pineapple on pizza
You are missing out...pineapple on pizza is SO good!
Lau-nicole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 17, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
pepperoni and pineapple looking forward to the report
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 17, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Lau-nicole
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
pepperoni and pineapple looking forward to the report
Yum! Thanks
Old 28 Nov 17, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Lau-nicole
Excited about Disney

Hello!

So I thought I'd get this food report started...just a bit of a disclaimer/ramble first, feel free to skip.

Unfortunately our travel day did not go to plan (long story so I won’t bore you).

When our travel day did arrive though I suffered with extremely bad nausea and dizziness (food poisoning I think) so as a result I didn't end up eating much or anything really in the airport/on the plane

Anyway the reason I'm saying this is because I was quite cautious throughout this trip of what I ate, I've always had a sensitive stomach but going through that whilst travelling really shook me, so I tried not to over indulge on certain foods to prevent the dreaded nausea coming back whilst I was there. Typical the first time I decide to do a food report eh?

We still ate some yummy things though!

So with that out the way...

Plane food

I managed a couple of bites of chicken pesto pasta, this was creamy than it looks and actually pretty tasty for plane food, if it wasn’t for the stomach problems I would of eaten the whole thing.

Matt had a baked potato and beans which was made specially for him as two of the options had nuts (nut allergy) and the other had red meat which we both don't eat. He said the potato was a bit dry and could of done with some butter but otherwise good.

Bit boring for the first day but there’s more to come!
Old 30 Nov 17, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
clarithy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Pineapple on pizza 👌🏼 Just to agree with you there.

Typical to get unwell just as your going away, you just can’t plan these things.

Looking forward to the rest.
clarithy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 17, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
wozza
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Looking forward to reading x
Port Orleans Riverside/Cocoa Beach October 2018
wozza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 17, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Love a food report looking forward to reading the rest 😁
Old 3 Dec 17, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Lau-nicole
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Travel Day - Evening

We managed to squeeze in a little bit of Food & Wine Fest after we arrived. We were originally meant to be spending the whole afternoon here before our travel plans went out the window.

The photos are a little dark as it was quite late, sorry!

From the Greece booth we tried the ‘Loaded Greek Nachos - pitta chips, meatless sausage crumbles and vegan tzatziki’.

These were interesting, not sure about the meatless sausage crumble but meat substitutes are never great anyway. There wasn’t a massive amount of flavour overall but definitely a good vegan option.

From the Morocco booth we picked up the ‘Spicy Hummus Fries’ these also had tzatziki sauce and again another veggie option. Honestly though these were SO GOOD! The sauce had a really nice slightly tangy tomato flavour, everything tasted really fresh. I think you can get these as an appetiser in one of the Moroccan restaurants, could be wrong? I still need to check but I’ll be looking out for them next time!

‘Pão de Queijo - Brazilian cheese bread’ I’m a cheese lover so these were high on my list to try, I don’t know what I was expecting but they were a strange texture...kind of gloopy in the middle, chewy and not too cheesy. I think was expecting them to be more dense. Not sure how I felt about them...Matt was never going to be a fan, cheese is not his thing.

Next we took a trip to the Australia booth and got a ‘Lamington - yellow cake dipped in chocolate and shredded coconut’ Matt had this one to himself and he enjoyed it.

Last we picked up the ‘Crispy Chicken - grilled cornbread and red eye gravy’ from the Farm Fresh booth. I’d heard people rave about this on blogs etc, my photo does not do it justice (I’ve popped one in from Disney Food Blog) but this was really yummy. The cornbread was sweet and the chicken was really juicy and crisp!

So that’s it for our Food & Wine eats, it’s a shame we only managed a fraction of what we wanted to try but after our flight we didn’t have a huge appetite. I was quite surprised about how big the portions were though! One was more than enough to share for the both of us.

More updates soon!

Edited at 06:55 PM.