Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 7 Oct 17, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Beauty advent calendars

Following on from the food and drink advent calendar discussion, I thought I would start on for the beauty advents. I always treat myself to one (sometimes two&#129303 each year. I have tried quite a few over the years and I am trying to decide what to get this time. I've been following a beauty blog reviewing them all and there are loads available this year.
John Lewis are doing one for the first time and theirs has some really good stuff in. Not keen on the House of Fraser one as its all own brand stuff. Selfridges and liberty also doing them again but they are pricey.
I've had the Benefit one a few times before but over the past couple of years it's gone down to 12 doors and it's getting a bit boring now. Charlotte Tilbury's is amazing but expensive. Jo Malone one is different this year and brightly coloured instead of the traditional cream and black but I wouldn't use half the stuff so that's an expensive mistake.
The M&S one is really good value and has some good cult products in so I'm tempted.
Espa and decleor also doing nice skin and body care calendars and the are high on my list.

Who else is looking at them and what are you being tempted by?
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 17, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

dd is getting the look fantastic one cheaper than some at £79 box is gorgeous with alice in wonderland-esque interior

Had the boots no7 one last year decent range of products and a good way to try some of the more pricey products they do
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 17, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I can't find the M&S one online!
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 17, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by mandco View Post
dd is getting the look fantastic one cheaper than some at £79 box is gorgeous with alice in wonderland-esque interior

Had the boots no7 one last year decent range of products and a good way to try some of the more pricey products they do
I've had the No7 and agree it's good value. I just wasn't fussed on the lip and nail colours.
I've looked at the look fantastic one but the contents are secret! Last years looked brill though. It's out on the 10th - another to add the possible list!
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 17, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by Jan View Post
I can't find the M&S one online!
It's in store on 9th November Jan. Here is a link to the review reallyree/m-s-beauty-...s-launch-info/
Old 7 Oct 17, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Thank you. It looks beautiful.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 17, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jan View Post
Thank you. It looks beautiful.
Got my 19 year old daughter the M&S one last year...think it was £35 last year too... anything she didn't like she sold to her Uni mates...she made £50 and surprisingly I didn't see a penny of it..but fair play to her.

This year she is selling Bodyshop stuff to make some cash and by all accounts they are doing three Advent calendars... oh and a Christmas to New Year one to !
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 17, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
I've had the No7 and agree it's good value. I just wasn't fussed on the lip and nail colours.
I've looked at the look fantastic one but the contents are secret! Last years looked brill though. It's out on the 10th - another to add the possible list!
if you google it there are a couple of spoiler posts out there including an unboxing vid on youtube- dd gets the monthly beauty box and they have some really lovely stuff -most of which I've never heard of
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 17, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by mandco View Post
if you google it there are a couple of spoiler posts out there including an unboxing vid on youtube- dd gets the monthly beauty box and they have some really lovely stuff -most of which I've never heard of
Oh thank you! I'll have a look
Old 7 Oct 17, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by coggie View Post
Got my 19 year old daughter the M&S one last year...think it was £35 last year too... anything she didn't like she sold to her Uni mates...she made £50 and surprisingly I didn't see a penny of it..but fair play to her.

This year she is selling Bodyshop stuff to make some cash and by all accounts they are doing three Advent calendars... oh and a Christmas to New Year one to !
It's definitely the best value one. Good stuff too.
Well done to your daughter - she will go a long way!