Notices

Old 21 Oct 17, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
We're not open Christmas Eve - let's fly to Florida!

Soooo, it feels like I've just got back from my summer holiday and it's Christmas! Well in reality I have only just got back from Vegas less than 2 weeks ago and it's now only 9 weeks till we go to Florida!

This is us! Villa owners so expect lots of villa related stuff when we get there!

You all know by now that I'm a hairdresser and we're always open Christmas Eve but this year is different! Christmas Eve is a Sunday and we are closed! I think this is only the second time in my hairdressing career that this has happened!

We booked our flights back in February, flying Christmas Eve, Upper Class with Virgin, staying 2 weeks in our villa, no Naples this time😭. We decided to have a couple of nights onsite over New Year, we usually stay at AKL but we decided to have a change. We love Disney Springs so looked into staying at SSR this time so we could walk there or get the boat. I did put a request for a DVC points on the Dibb but ended up using Davids DVC rentals. So we have 3 nights from New Years Eve in the Congress Park area.

Fast forward to March/April and Richard stepped down as a Director of the company he and his Business Partner owned, long story, difference of opinions, one of which was holiday allocation! We were only 'allowed' 2 weeks at Christmas! Not any more! Quick call to my TA friend and 2 weeks becomes 3 with a saving of £1300 for the pleasure!

Sooo, we now have 3 weeks, but we have to leave the villa on 7th Jan as we have guests arriving, Naples it is then! Back to our favourite, the Bellasera for 6 nights. We're driving back up to Orlando for our last night and this week I booked the Melia at Celebration.

We have 2 ADRs booked during our trip, the first is Sanaa at AKL on Christmas Day, the second is the Boathouse on New Years Eve, looking forward to both!

As we don't know what time we will land, you never know if we'll be delayed or not, I have a grocery order ready to give to the lovely Angelbabe from When You Wish Gifts so that we have something to eat the night we arrive.

TTFN

Edited at 03:51 PM.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 17, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Sounds good! Looking forward to reading all about it.
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 17, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Yay! Exciting! Best way to spend Christmas and New Year xx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 17, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Sounds like an amazing trip 😀

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 17, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Sounds fantastic what a great trip 😁
Old 30 Oct 17, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
So I've bought a few 'holiday bits'! I always take Nescafé Skinny Cappucino sachets with me and they are on offer in Sainsbury's at the moment so I bought 4 boxes! Also bought a pack of mini marmalades from B&M, they're only £1! This is a very budget conscious trip so we'll be eating in a bit more than usual I think and coupon clipping too! Already bought Sainsbury's Taste the Difference Lemon Shortbread thins, these are a holiday tradition! Will also be buying the Options hot chocolate sachets, we usually drink these on the first morning when we are awake at about 2.30am and want to try and go back to sleep so we don't drink caffeine!

I think I'll be signing up to some more restaurants email clubs with my other email address! Shame we're not there now, it's Blooming Monday at Outback today so free Blooming Onions! TTFN
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 17, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
MarionG
Imagineer

Sounds like a wonderful trip even on a budget.
MarionG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 17, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Slinky Malinki
Being a bit Goofy

That's a great way to spend the Christmas holidays.
Slinky Malinki is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 17, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Oh so envious wish we were going over Christmas and New Year but my lot would not be happy
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 17, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Not a lot to report apart from we are now down to 40 days, how did that happen?!

I've bought myself a rather nice note book ready for my trippie notes and my new license for the villa has arrived so if any of you staying before Christmas, our license isn't out of date, it's here, waiting to go into its frame!

Another thing to note is that the Christmas shopping is done apart from a couple of bits and it's all wrapped and the cards written! I know most of you will hate me for that! TTFN