Notices

Old 29 Oct 17, 04:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Do You Want To Read My Trippie ? Vs75

So we left a wet Manchester this morning after having our premier Inn breakfast (starts at 5:30am if anyone is interested) and then arrived in a wet Orlando .
The flight was ok but got turbulence mid way and boy did the flight drag on and on and I'm sure the seats started to close in on me at one bit . Anyway we had row 60 &61 and they were great . That's a photo of the twos at the back. I'm stood next to a partition wall before the loos so anyone who is thinking of these but worried about the loos etc , don't be . Lots of people were standing behind the wall to shush babies off to sleep so it's a big enough space. Didn't take too long to get off but immigration was a pain as me and Dh got the cross and it seemed as though everyone did immigration kiosks and immigration desks ! Anyway 2 hrs to get out of the airport .

Food was ok . There's was chicken pesto

Or sausage and mash

And afternoon tea was cheese with tomato chutney and a small bag of crisps and a nougat bar . Oh and the worlds smallest fab lolly . Overall service and flight was really good.

Bahama bay apartment is beautiful with a semi lake view but to top the day off we went to Walmart at cagans crossing , we hadn't been in there 10 minutes and we got evacuated no reason why but they weren't messing around at all. Out meant out now! Fire truck arrived but no fire alarms in store so we can only think a gun or something . Had to wait as we needed milk etc . I Hope tomorrow is better lol.

Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 17, 04:29 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Mexy02 - 29 Oct 17 3:29 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 17, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Mobile

Glad you are there safe and you like your apartment ! Hope your managed to get your shopping.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 17, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Morning Sam,
Sounds a bit of a drama after a long day of doing nowt which is soooo tiring , but you are there now and the real fun begins... enjoy X
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 17, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
It was chaos in Walmart. Locals really were panicking , never seen anything like it so we just ran as well. Poor girl had all her hair in foils .they Let us back in about 10 minutes late so it was like supermarket sweep lol. Going back this morning . I’ll put some pics on of the apartment when I load them up, stayed up until 11pm and was awake at 3 , dropped back off and now awake again but everyone asleep . Had to carry youngest to bed bless him but he’s so excited to be here.
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 17, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
It was chaos in Walmart. Locals really were panicking , never seen anything like it so we just ran as well. Poor girl had all her hair in foils .they Let us back in about 10 minutes late so it was like supermarket sweep lol. Going back this morning . I’ll put some pics on of the apartment when I load them up, stayed up until 11pm and was awake at 3 , dropped back off and now awake again but everyone asleep . Had to carry youngest to bed bless him but he’s so excited to be here.
It's definately a story to tell everyone back at work Sam
I read where you are staying wrongly other night and thought you were at cabana bay lol so googled where you are and it looks a nice resort ... only thing with us paul doesn't like driving on holiday which is why we go the hotel route, but if you share some pics maybe I can persuade him
Have a great first day X
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 17, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
It's definately a story to tell everyone back at work Sam
I read where you are staying wrongly other night and thought you were at cabana bay lol so googled where you are and it looks a nice resort ... only thing with us paul doesn't like driving on holiday which is why we go the hotel route, but if you share some pics maybe I can persuade him
Have a great first day X
I admit there was a row at the garage again, and on the 417 and on the 192 . Glyn does so well ( week it is his job ) tbh but he gets stressed after the flight and so do I . So much to think about and no joke it took 11 attempts to get mums fingerprints done at the immigration kiosk her fingers are so bent there was no hope. Told her I’m buying a plastic finger for Disney anyway I digress . I can drive over here but we have a tank so I choose to navigate ( that’s what I call point and shout directions at the last minute ) , not greatly received though the Resort is lovely though and so quiet so worth the row and freedom with the car.
Sept 24 POFQ
Old 29 Oct 17, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Wow that was slow at Immigration. We came in on the VS15 and we're in amongst about 10 people who were diverted away from the machines and straight to the hall. About 10 mins to see an IO and about 10 mins for the cases.
From getting off the plane to the Alamo garage was about 30 ish minutes.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 17, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A bit of a mixed day but you can relax and enjoy your holiday now

Joan
Old 30 Oct 17, 05:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Tom it was chaos.

Joan yes it was but do you know what , we loved every minute ( except being evacuated out of Walmart) , we are in Florida what’s there not to like eh lol.
Sept 24 POFQ