Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 17 Nov 17, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Clamshell
Imagineer

Only you can decide if you think it’s worth it. If you are using your kids ts credits and buying their food oop, you already going to have credits coming out of your ears.

If it was me I’d stop worrying about getting the most out of it and enjoy yourself 👍

Phantom thread-killer of Old London Town 😁
Clamshell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 17, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

We've not done DDP at WDW and are in the planning stages for our latest Florida trip. So excited about being onsite at OKW! and the whole DDP thing.

I keep reading that we will probably end up with loads of credits left over but I'm not sure why this would be?

I imagine that we'll want a TS meal at least once every day and will use QS for lunch/breakfast. Snack credits will then be used for whichever meal we've not covered with TS/QS. It all seems simple so I'm not sure why I keep seeing posts with '...got a Gazillion QS and snack credits left and only 2 days to use them...'

We had a free half Board Dining Plan in Disneyland Paris earlier this year and it was brilliant! I can't wait to try the TS places in WDW. We've only ever been to Chef Mickey's and YAY on previous Florida trips and we loved both of them.

The answers on this thread have been pretty helpful so far. (Thanks Guys) Any more DDP wisdom to share?
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 17, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by Kidd McFluff View Post
We've not done DDP at WDW and are in the planning stages for our latest Florida trip. So excited about being onsite at OKW! and the whole DDP thing.

I keep reading that we will probably end up with loads of credits left over but I'm not sure why this would be?

I imagine that we'll want a TS meal at least once every day and will use QS for lunch/breakfast. Snack credits will then be used for whichever meal we've not covered with TS/QS. It all seems simple so I'm not sure why I keep seeing posts with '...got a Gazillion QS and snack credits left and only 2 days to use them...'
We didn't have any left over, but then we are only two adults and haven't been when it's hot.

Many families report that children share a lot of the meals as they are large enough for two (particularly the QS meals) and if it's hot you won't want as much to eat.

You certainly won't want three full meals a day. We usually used our QS credit for a big breakfast at the hotel and then didn't want anything till dinner. Or sometimes just grabbed a snack for breakfast and had QS for lunch.

Then there are offsite days (we had 3 days at Universal, staying 2 nights in a hotel there) so we had those TS credits spare. Plus, it's too late on arrival day to use a TS credit as your body clock will be 5 hours ahead. And we found it better to only use a QS credit for lunch on our last day, so we were free to fit in more park time.

Then there are days you might not use a TS credit - for example, we spent a whole day eating round the World at the Food and Wine Festival with snack credits, so didn't use a TS credit that day.

Both times, we have managed to do 4 Signature meals (2 TS credits) by juggling our credits. We didn't have any left over, but we didn't need to pay for anything either.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 17, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks Gill H. Sounds like there may be a few interesting choices ahead. We have a couple of days offsite but only around Orlando and Cocoa Beach so probably still grab TS breakfast on those days and QS at Disney Springs in the evenings. Mrs McFluff generally needs a coffee before facing the world so we will be using at least 1 snack credit in Starbucks each morning.

None of us are big eaters but the variety and quality on lots of the TS menu's is exciting as we don't often eat out more than once a month when we are at home. Eating out in the US has always been one of the most enjoyable parts of our holidays across the pond and we are hoping that the DDP will offer us the usual epic range of choices we find outside of the parks.
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 17, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

we paid OOP for 15yr old DD meal this year, we had the porterhouse to share, got DD kids steak and she had some of our porterhouse too, we got 2 sides included, potatoes & a spinach thing which was delicious, then desert. we were then gonna pay for DD extra meal while we used the 2 spare credits she hadn't used but she decided she didn't want to come to teppen edo, so just the 2 of us went, worked well for us as would of been far more expensive for 2 at teppen edo than the $12 we paid for kids meal at yachtsman's
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 17, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Imagineer

There is a lot of food, even on the DDP (not the DxDP), that's why. To be honest some of the QS meals were enough to share between 2 adults for lunch.
returnplanning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 17, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

If you are paying Oop to save 4 credits then you are getting a second meal for free so your $150 for extras is really the cost of your second meal
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 17, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

As Gill already said, a lot of these reports come from families with a lot of credits. When you're 4+ people staying for 14+ nights, multiple days off-site, splitting meals with the kids, etc, they really do stack up. I also see a lot of reports where people save credits at the start of the trip, e.g. buying drinks OOP since it's a "waste" of a credit compared to a snack item, then having a load leftover.

As a couple only staying for a week, I don't expect to have credits left over - even have 2 OOP meals planned. Although we did reach a "food wall" on day 4 of our most recent trip, had to cancel dinner that night as couldn't face the thought of food. We were taking it pretty easy as well, but eating every meal out is just too much even when being sensible with menu choices and portions.

But even rejigging our plans a bit to allow for some meal breaks, I'm still expecting to use all our credits as it just means more Signatures.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 17, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1

We had a free half Board Dining Plan in Disneyland Paris earlier this year and it was brilliant! I can't wait to try the TS places in WDW. We've only ever been to Chef Mickey's and YAY on previous Florida trips and we loved both of them.

The answers on this thread have been pretty helpful so far. (Thanks Guys) Any more DDP wisdom to share?
You may have credits left over, you may not. It all depends how you use your credits and how your holiday is planned. We paid OOP for a lot of food this year because we did 4 signatures, didn’t eat outside Disney and had used QS credits for a few breakfast. When we do that we still use credits for lunch and dinner whereas some people may only use a snack. There are only 2 of us so sharing is not as easy. We generally don’t want to eat the same meal and found the options for sides that we could use snack credits for didn’t always suit us.
We had 5 snacks left at the end which we would have used one day at AK if only Kusafiri Bakery had Elephant Ear pastries left! Instead we paid OOP for a Tusker House breakfast and didn’t need lunch.

As for The Yachtsman being good value, we will order a side and my sister usually has a cocktail plus by the time you add tip it does cost quite a bit. We really enjoy it though and factor the extra in to our spends.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 17, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyStacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
If you are paying Oop to save 4 credits then you are getting a second meal for free so your $150 for extras is really the cost of your second meal
^^This exactly!

Only you can decide if it is "worth it".
For me, I recognise that I am not only paying for the food, but the experience also.
Some people are only bothered about the food - it really depends how you perceive it yourself.
DisneyStacey is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List