Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 4 Feb 18, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
LozSteelers
Very Serious Dibber

Day Four

I was staying at the Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando for the first few days so made the short walk across to Denny's that morning.

Opted for the sticky bun pancake breakfast which came with eggs, hash browns and sausage and also a strawberry minute maid.

Then headed to universal and skipped lunch as I was going to Volcano Bay late afternoon/evening so just had some frozen butterbeer and butterbeer fudge from Wizarding World.

Spent the rest of the day at Volcano Bay and opted to try Coconut Crusted Fried Chicken which came with fries and slaw. I also had a pint of lager and altogether this cost more than $20.
It was awful to be honest, the chicken was dry and it just wasn't worth the money. In future I think I will go back into CityWalk to eat.

LozSteelers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 18, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
LozSteelers
Very Serious Dibber

Day Five

Started off with a morning at Universal and decided to try the breakfast in the Leaky Cauldron. Went for the pancake breakfast with an orange juice, I can't remember how much it was but I know it was fairly pricey.
It was a nice breakfast for the novelty of eating in there but not sure I would do it again.

Found myself in Florida Mall again in the evening which meant another trip to Sbarro, this time for a Pepperoni Stromboli and Breadsticks.

Grabbed a Halloween biscuit from Carlo's Bakery to take back to the hotel.

LozSteelers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 18, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Ooh the butterbeer is so good, I could really go for one right now!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 18, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Following along. Shame about the food at Volcano bay 🌋
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 18, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Haha I love that bagel!

The Volcano Bay chicken does look a bit sorry for itself.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 18, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Shame about the food from Volcano Bay, coconut fried chicken sounds like it would be so good too.
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 18, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Oh that Volcano Bay chicken looks horrible And extortionate!

Loving the look of Sbarro though!
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 18, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Faythy
Helping Mickey

Thanks for putting together this report. Am off to Volcano Bay so will make sure I stick to just an ice cream there lol.

Edited at 09:26 AM.
Faythy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 18, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
LozSteelers
Very Serious Dibber

Day Six

I was up early to make it for 8am opening at Universal so no photo of the cereal in my hotel.

I went to breadbox for an early lunch and ordered the NY Style Pastrami with Tater Tots. I really like breadbox, it's an affordable alternative to some of the more pricey chains in Citywalk. I think this was $11.99

Later I had some Ice Cream from the Wizarding World, I had sticky toffee pudding and clotted cream flavour. The clotted cream scoop tasted weird though, not like the stuff we have over here.

Before leaving Citywalk I popped into NBC Sports Bar & Grill to get a pint of my favourite, Pineapple Cider, only to discover they didn't have it! Opted for this Black Cherry Cider instead which was also amazing.

A stay on I-drive is not complete without a visit to Miller's Ale House! I went for 8oz rump with a jacket potato and seasonal veg. I think I enjoyed this meal the most on my trip!

Old 4 Mar 18, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
LozSteelers
Very Serious Dibber

Day Seven

Day 7 was the move over to Disney, I don't have a photo of Breakfast for some reason.

I spent the day in Hollywood Studios and went for Backlot Express as I find the quick service options very limited in this park.
I had the Royal Guard Burger which was $13.49, it was nice actually but I could have sworn that it used to be served in a darker bun, maybe someone can correct me?

I'd never seen Fantasmic before so I stayed for that and then headed to Disney Springs as it was still early. Picked up a Salted Caramel cupcake from the ATM which was $4.95.