Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 28 Jan 18, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
POFQfan
slightly serious Dibber

Star Wars VR experience at Disney Springs

For those of you, like me, who have been watching out for new release dates for Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire (The Void) Virtual Reality Experience at Disney Springs, new dates have been released!

You can now book up to the end of April rather than the end of February. Reviews I have read have been amazing. It's not cheap for the length of time it lasts but hopefully will be worth it if you are a fan!

Link: atomtickets/theaters...prings/9999992

Edited at 12:33 PM.
POFQfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 18, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
This is also here in London at Westfield shopping centre - although I believe it finishes soon.

Here it's £32 and lasts about half an hour. We did try to get tickets (well, Peter did, I would be too busy throwing up as I can't handle VR) but in the end the times weren't right, and we couldn't justify the money.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 18, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Cantcook
Imagineer

I’ve actually ended up doing both the Orlando and London one in the last month. I’m not even a Star Wars fan and I’d highly recommend it!

There are minor differences. At DS, you select which colour tag is on your Storm Trooper outfit whereas in London you’re just told it. The preamble in London combats with the general ambience of a busy shopping centre whereas it’s a bit more immersive at DS. Finally, on a weekday in London we were complete within 20 minutes, whereas in DS we were waiting a while. Both experiences were pre booked.

The actual VR experience is exactly the same with no differences.

It genuinely is superb. Just make sure you can see the screen clearly before you start. Make sure you sort out any blurriness.

I took a friend to the London version. He’s a SW fan and could not stop talking about it. He also feels incredibly unwell when riding Transformers, Spider-Man, Harry etc, but he was absolutely fine doing this.
Cantcook is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 18, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
OrlandoLes
Excited about Disney

OrlandoLes's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thanks for the heads up OP - just booked for when we are there just after Easter
Cheers
Les
Windsor Hills Villa - May 2012; Rolling Hills Villa - Easter 2014; High Grove DIBB Villa / RPR / Disney Dream - Easter 2015; Sunset Lakes DIBB Villa /HRH/ Disney Dream - August 2016; NYC / St Pete's Beach / DIBB Townhouse at Windsor hills - Easter 2018; Flights / Sunset Lakes Villa / Harmony of the Seas Cruise - Easter 2020 Didn’t happen!
OrlandoLes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 18, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
SMPlantz
Gone all Goofy

My DH and DS are Star Wars mad, do you think this will still be on in August, would love to book for them? Thanks
SMPlantz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 18, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

As a massive Star Wars fan, I would love to do this!
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 18, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
PENNYC
Excited about Disney

Is this on all year do you know? We go in August and my son would love this
PENNYC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 18, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
POFQfan
slightly serious Dibber

Reading up on it on the internet, it looks like this is somewhat of a test at the moment - not sure for what at present, maybe Star Wars Land? They don't appear to have put any work into the outside of the building at DS so it does look temporary so there is no telling how long it will be there. But it is quite a money spinner so I would have thought it would still be there over the summer at least.

Thanks for the info about motion sickness Cantcook. I am a little wary as I do get motion sick at times (I'm looking at you Mission Space ) but I read other comments about the lack of motion sickness for other people so am hoping for the best. I was just going to let my son and husband do it but, as a lifelong Star Wars fan, it just sounds too amazing to pass up!
POFQfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 18, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
chrisblanc
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for all the info. Good news about the motion sickness, I get that too sometimes.

I think I'll be booking this for April next week!
Old 29 Jan 18, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
My sil said when she wears her VR headset and simulates walking she feels sick. Is this anything like that?
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List