Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 6 Feb 18, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
The AG dolls do have nicer hair and faces. Whether it is worth the extra might depend on the age of the child.
See, we disagree. My girls were desperate for an AG doll when we last went, we visited the store at the Florida Mall and it was lovely if not rather surreal! We just couldn’t justify the price for the dolls so we took them to Target and got them Our Generational dolls instead. They both said they thought the OG dolls are prettier than AG dolls. I have to say, I agree, the AG dolls have chipmunk like appearance to me.

In answer to the OPs question, yes I am sure the clothes and accessories will fit, should fit any 18 inch doll tbh.

Edited at 12:10 AM.
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 18, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

MY daughter loves the dolls..so do I! Watch out for sales etc then you can ship to a personal shopper to hold for you until yo get there ...Beth at Fairytalepersonalshopper is great she has purchased items for us and sent to the UK
Old 6 Feb 18, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

My daughter has an American girl doll, my generation and design a friend. She does swap some clothes but not all fit, things like jackets and coats without stretch do not fit.
Her American girl doll is her favourite doll by far.
Old 6 Feb 18, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
3family
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

My little one absolutely adores the doll she got last year. It was a treat and she had saved hard to buy an extra outfit. Still plays with it all the time and has added Our Generation clothes and accessories since

Last year was ‘once in a lifetime’ so we didn’t mind the odd splurge. Going back in August and the first thing she said was ‘can we go back to American Girl shop?’
Old 10 Feb 18, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
florida_2012
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Is the experience in AG store better with a doll? My daughter has one brought home for her as gift from her auntie. I’m asking because I recall someone saying that they could’nt go into the restaurant or salon without a doll. I could be wrong about this though. Anyone know?
florida_2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 18, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

My little girls saving for Luciano when we go in May
Personally I think she has enough she has four American girl dolls already and only two hands lol
But I do like the fact luciana is a science based doll
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 18, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

Not sure about the salon but there are AG dolls to borrow to sit with you in the cafe (according to Youtube!)

My daughter is desperate for Luciana too - she likes the purple hair. The accessories cost a fortune though!
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 18, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
martyn7836
slightly serious Dibber

My daughter had watched all kinds of you tube vids before going and had requested we went to the mall for a AG anyhow we booked for a afternoon tea kind of session in the shop where she went to buy her doll plus everything else she wanted with her money and treats of mum dad But she hadn’t decided which doll so the staff got a doll chair and gave her a doll that they have for people to use if they don’t have one seen a couple of sisters who had bought a family member along and they had also borrowed one so every one at the table had a doll.
martyn7836 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List