Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Feb 18, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
What an awful day

I posted a few weeks ago about ds16 being diagnosed with a Liver tumour and being listed for a transplant. Last night at 9.30pm only 16 days after being listed we got a call. We rushed over there and waited... finally at 5.30 tonight, 20 hours after the call we are told the organ wasn’t viable and the op won’t be going ahead.
A rollercoaster of emotions for all of us today. Mainly gutted as Ds is due to have some chemo in 3 weeks to stop the tumour growing while he waits and it looked like we might be able to avoid that by getting his transplant.
DS is brilliant as usual, totally unfazed and singing in the shower right now! I honestly don’t know where he gets his strength and resilience from!
One good thing was we realised how disorganised we were and will hopefully do better next time!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 18, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m so sorry what a huge disappointment. What am amazing and brave attitude your son has.
Hope the next call is more successful x
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 18, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Melvin Pearce
Imagineer

Melvin Pearce's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
So sorry that the out come wasn't better news for you. Fingers crossed that they find another Liver soon.

Take care, we thoughts and prayers are with you all at this time.

Melvin and Lesley
Old 5 Feb 18, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Thinking of you - your DS sounds like an absolute star!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 18, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

What a wonderful Ds you havexxxxxx
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 18, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

So sorry things didn’t work out today but your son sounds amazing. You must be so proud of him.

DLP NBC - 2008, DLP SL- 2009, DLP SL, 2010.
AKL - 2014, POR - 2016
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 18, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I do remember your original thread. So sorry about today, can't imagine how stressful it must be for you all. Your son sounds very brave and positive, I do hope a suitable transplant comes soon
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 18, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneygirlxx
Excited about Disney

Just want to say how sorry I am to hear about your son you brave u all are so brave
Sending us all lots of love ❤️ and hugs xx
Disneygirlxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 18, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Mobile

Best wishes, I have been feeling gloomy as the weather forecast for Lanzarote next week is rubbish, your post gives me some perspective and myself and 2 children will dance in the rain if we have to and send you lots of good wishes.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 18, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyStacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

What a huge disappointment for you all - and a total rollercoaster of emotions. Your son sounds absolutely remarkable - I will continue to keep everything crossed that you get another (successful) call soon. X x
DisneyStacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List