Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Feb 18, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
hols2florida
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I really feel for you. Tonsillitis as an adult is awful. Last time I had it, I was told to take soluble co-codamol as the painkilling medicine would then make direct contact with my tonsils. Hope you start to feel better soon.
hols2florida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
keeley78
Imagineer

keeley78's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Oh god, how awful, I had strep throat a few years ago, I'd rather go through labour again it was like swallowing razor blades, I felt horrendous, my tonsills were huge bright red & full of puss luckily I got antibiotics & they kicked in really quickly, I felt better the following day, hope you feel better soon what awful timing

Rosen inn @ pointe May 2010, Rosen inn @ pointe & got married May 2011, Clarion inn LBV May 2012, Rosen international, RPR & Hilton Clearwater July/aug 2013
New York July 2016
Rosen @ pointe, Cabana Bay & All star sports Oct/ Nov 2018, New York July 2023
keeley78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile

Hope you feel better soon. What horrible timing x
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

My 18 yr old daughter has had tonsilitis since monday. I thought that they don't give antibiotics anymore so have been giving painkillers and drinking water. She had an awful night so took her to urgent care today. Her glands are so swollen her whole neck is puffed up. They said if they have swollen glands or high fever then it's prob bacterial and it is a bad case so they gave her penicillin. Told her to alternate ibuprofen with cocodamol. She's been in bed all day. Said come back if she cannot swallow her own saliva.
25 years ago I had glandular fever and got a severe case of tonsilitis at the same time which went undiagnosed for a few days as they put it down to the GF.
By the time they realised I couldn't stand or swallow my own saliva and was admitted to be on a steroid drip to reduce the swelling as my tonsils were touching in the middle. I was really ill so I feel really sorry for anyone who gets bacterial tonsilitis now. It is much worse than the viral one.
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
keeley78
Imagineer

keeley78's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Originally Posted by Floridasun View Post
My 18 yr old daughter has had tonsilitis since monday. I thought that they don't give antibiotics anymore so have been giving painkillers and drinking water. She had an awful night so took her to urgent care today. Her glands are so swollen her whole neck is puffed up. They said if they have swollen glands or high fever then it's prob bacterial and it is a bad case so they gave her penicillin. Told her to alternate ibuprofen with cocodamol. She's been in bed all day. Said come back if she cannot swallow her own saliva.
25 years ago I had glandular fever and got a severe case of tonsilitis at the same time which went undiagnosed for a few days as they put it down to the GF.
By the time they realised I couldn't stand or swallow my own saliva and was admitted to be on a steroid drip to reduce the swelling as my tonsils were touching in the middle. I was really ill so I feel really sorry for anyone who gets bacterial tonsilitis now. It is much worse than the viral one.
Geez that sounds horrendous, bacterial is really bad, doctors don't give antibiotics for viral but do for bacterial, strep throat, it's a lot worse as you obviously know my tonsils were huge but not so much they were touching in the middle, god you must of been in agony

Rosen inn @ pointe May 2010, Rosen inn @ pointe & got married May 2011, Clarion inn LBV May 2012, Rosen international, RPR & Hilton Clearwater July/aug 2013
New York July 2016
Rosen @ pointe, Cabana Bay & All star sports Oct/ Nov 2018, New York July 2023
keeley78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 12:45 AM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

Mobile

Well... I was back again 3 times 3 days turns out I also have glandular fever a bad case that warranted 2 shots! A steroid and a pain killer I've come home on steroids. New antibiotics. Lidocaine mouth rinse Advil paracetamol and something I can't pronounce tryst .e to get 2 things at the same time. But I must admit those shots gave me 3 hours of pure bliss!
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by katy341 View Post
Well... I was back again 3 times 3 days turns out I also have glandular fever a bad case that warranted 2 shots! A steroid and a pain killer I've come home on steroids. New antibiotics. Lidocaine mouth rinse Advil paracetamol and something I can't pronounce tryst .e to get 2 things at the same time. But I must admit those shots gave me 3 hours of pure bliss!
Oh no. I hope you're feeling better soon so you can try and get on with enjoying your holiday.
Old 18 Feb 18, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Hope you will soon pick up now and be able to enjoy some of your holiday.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

How are you today?
Old 19 Feb 18, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by katy341 View Post
Truly, the Pitz!

How're things now?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List