Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Feb 18, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

New passport and photo booth photos

I have just renewed 2 passports, so £150 lighter! I did it online though and it was so easy and so quick. 20 minutes in total for 2 applications. Love the new way of applying(although may not be new for others) I went to Sainsbury's photo booth, then just provided the code that was on the photo to get the photo into the application. Stress free...Im liking it. Anyone else just happy with the small things in life that make your day, lol.

QQ: Im assuming new passports, new ESTAS?

Thank you
Old 15 Feb 18, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Hi,
We've just done a renewal online.
Took our own photo and just uploaded straight onto the passport office's website.
Thank god they've got rid of that stupid countersigning malarky!

And yes, new passport = new Esta's.
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 99plums View Post
Hi,
We've just done a renewal online.
Took our own photo and just uploaded straight onto the passport office's website.
Thank god they've got rid of that stupid countersigning malarky!

And yes, new passport = new Esta's.
Great isn't it. Thank you
Old 15 Feb 18, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

I had to "help" with two passport renewals online last week and it is so much easier doing it online. My DS13 needed the form to be printed and photos couldn't be uploaded but DD18 was easy.

Progress !
Old 15 Feb 18, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
I had to "help" with two passport renewals online last week and it is so much easier doing it online. My DS13 needed the form to be printed and photos couldn't be uploaded but DD18 was easy.

Progress !
My DD is now 16 and so upgrading to an adult passport. I thought I may have to send birth certificates etc but they did not request it. I wonder if it is only for adults passports online as to why your DS 13 photos couldn't be uploaded
Old 15 Feb 18, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tinytots View Post
My DD is now 16 and so upgrading to an adult passport. I thought I may have to send birth certificates etc but they did not request it. I wonder if it is only for adults passports online as to why your DS 13 photos couldn't be uploaded
Yes, child renewals still need to be printed, signed and posted.
12-15 yr olds need to sign the form as well as the parent/guardian applying. New photos only need to counter-signed if there they can't be recognised from their existing passport photo.

Under 12 renewals need photos and application to be counter-signed.
BarryL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BarryL View Post
Yes, child renewals still need to be printed, signed and posted.
12-15 yr olds need to sign the form as well as the parent/guardian applying. New photos only need to counter-signed if there they can't be recognised from their existing passport photo.

Under 12 renewals need photos and application to be counter-signed.
Great info- thanks. Lucky my youngest in now 16
Old 15 Feb 18, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Just updated mine online before the price increase, as has DH. We both had our photos taken at Max Spielman in our local Tesco for £9.99 as our photo booths were not digital. Very impressed with the service - photo was pre-approved, 4 photos and a memory stick were also part of the package. Sent my passport back recorded at £1.75, whereas DH was talked into Special Delivery at £6.45. Whole application for me was 9 days from applying to receiving passport, and DH was 7 days. Very impressed.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
HFJohnson
Imagineer

Yes it's so much easier now, especially as you don't have to pay for photos at the expensive photo booths any more - I just took a photo on my phone and uploaded it.
HFJohnson is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
traceylou1972
Apprentice Imagineer

traceylou1972's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Can I just ask when they are due to expire. I tried yesterday and when I got to the end it said I would have to apply a different way. Its a normal 10 year passport that will expire in October 2018.

Any help or suggestions why mine wouldn't work would be really appreciated.

Tracey
Cheyenne Aug 01, Circus Dec 03 ,DCR Dec 04, Magic Circus Dec 05, Kyriad NYE 07, Sequoia Feb 08, Val de Eur Jun 08, Cheyenne Oct 08, Magic Circus Jul 09, DH Feb 10, Newport Bay Feb 11, Kryiad Nov 11, Circus Jan 13 Sept 93 I Drive, Jul 07 Villa,Apr 09 Villa, Oct 10 Villa, Apr 11 Cruise & Villa, Xmas 11 Villa, July 12 Villa, Apr 14 Villa, Apr 15 Cruise & Villa, Dec 15 Villa, Aug 17 Villa & Cruise, Oct 18 Villa, Aug 19
traceylou1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List