Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 16 Feb 18, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
alan7tq
Getting Excited

Solana resort

Solana resort whats the clubhouse and main pool like looks great we've booked for August 1st time there
alan7tq is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

We went there in August a couple of years ago.staff were really friendly and helpful. Club house was deserted though the handful of times we went there. Kids did go in the lovely hot spa and pool once but they were the only ones in there and figured why bother when we’ve got a pool at the villa! They also had a game of pool from memory and went to a marshmallow toasting.
COL41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We also went two years ago, on the two occasions we went down to the pool there was no one else in. Staff were spot on, good facilities.
**edit** Little driving tip, apologies if I'm stating the obvious. We initially on leaving Disney would go west along the 192 then south on US 27. Its much easier going down I4 to Championsgate travelling across to US 27 then north to your accommodation.

Edited at 11:36 AM.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
alan7tq
Getting Excited

Thanks
alan7tq is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We stayed there last summer in August. The communal pool area was lovely and we sat in a cabana to shade from the sun. There were a few people in the pool, but it was very quiet. We got a drink from the bar there and drank it by the pool. There was a list available from the clubhouse of the activities on offer, but we didn't go to any of them. When we first arrived, the security person on the gate was very thorough, making sure we were ok to enter. It felt like a safe area.

A previous poster mentioned going south down the 27 and then up the I4 to get to Disney, but our experience was different. The 27 was very quiet and the 192, was ok, but when we went south and onto the I4 the traffic was horrendous, so we stuck to the 27/192. Maybe depends what time of year you are there?

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
We stayed there last summer in August. The communal pool area was lovely and we sat in a cabana to shade from the sun. There were a few people in the pool, but it was very quiet. We got a drink from the bar there and drank it by the pool. There was a list available from the clubhouse of the activities on offer, but we didn't go to any of them. When we first arrived, the security person on the gate was very thorough, making sure we were ok to enter. It felt like a safe area.

A previous poster mentioned going south down the 27 and then up the I4 to get to Disney, but our experience was different. The 27 was very quiet and the 192, was ok, but when we went south and onto the I4 the traffic was horrendous, so we stuck to the 27/192. Maybe depends what time of year you are there?
To be fair we were on Championsgate last year in early June, I4 was a nightmare at times around the Disney turn offs. not sure if this was to do with the lousy weather we endured and everyone leaving the parks.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 18, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
alan7tq
Getting Excited

Think we'll try i4
Old 2 Mar 18, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

I would suggest having a quick look on some thing like Google maps first for a traffic update. I4 can be fine most of the time but can also be at a standstill. Time of the year doesn't seem to matter but some Friday afternoons seem to be the worst
Old 2 Mar 18, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

AsDonna says I4 can be a bit of a nightmare we tend to check before setting off or coming home from the parks JcT 58 at Champion Gate can be a nightmare at certain times of day
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 18, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Also, depends on if you want restaurants or shops on the way home. We like the 192/27 route as you can just pop in to places as you pass. We go into the petrol station in the mornings and get the huge cups of slushie and subs to eat in the park. On the way home, we nip in to Dollar Tree/Walmart etc depending on what we need (we always need something).

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List