Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Feb 18, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by alexisemma31 View Post
I know she could if she went through her insurance; but it's her word against mine anyway.
You did the right thing going to the police and taking photos. I would check if there is cctv just in case she has an “independent” witness. I wonder if she had scratched it herself and was covering herself with her husband. Or maybe she was just a loony as unfortunately there seems to be a lot of them about !
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I know she could if she went through her insurance; but it's her word against mine anyway.
Call Tesco or the retail park management and see if there is any footage just in case
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
alexisemma31
Imagineer

I'm not sure cctv would capture it as we were parked in the midst of other cars, but if you think I should then I'll give them a ring.
Old 16 Feb 18, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I'm not sure cctv would capture it as we were parked in the midst of other cars, but if you think I should then I'll give them a ring.
Probably worth a phone call just to check. Sounds like she was trying to set you up and hopefully you called her bluff and you won't hear anymore but I guess a quick telephone call wouldn't do any harm. Good luck
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Thats quite scary. An old person could have been very intimidated and given details over. They may have then asked for a cash settlement.
Old 16 Feb 18, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Call Tesco or the retail park management and see if there is any footage just in case

It might be helpful for them to know about it even if they don't have footage, in case it happens to others in the same car park.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
This happened to me in Universals car park last April. The guy was about a foot taller than me and was very intimidating... there was just me and my daughter there. I inspected the two cars and there wasn't a mark on either. I eventually left and went off to the park. When I got back I was followed by Universals security who told me the guy had the police there...I went straight to Alamo and reported it, they told me not to worry and I never heard a thing after. I was so upset about it that we didn't return to Universal on our last day as we had originally intended.
Juliemack is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Ming
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 19
There are a couple of men in my area scamming people. One throws a water balloon at a car and the other follows the car that was hit. He flashes his lights to stop the car and when they stop he tells them they have hit his wing mirror, his car has a broken wing mirror. He says not big enough to go through insurance so if they pay him cash he will leave it at that. According to FB posts for local area he has had quite a lot of success. Always gives up when they say they will call police.
Old 17 Feb 18, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
pumpkin mom
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Exact same thing happened to an elderly neighbour of my dad's. Accused by two people of scratching their car. They rang up next day telling her it would be about 1,000 for damage. Dad rang the police and gave the details. Blocked the number on the phone. Poor neighbour had just lost her husband and now has lost her confidence going out.
Old 17 Feb 18, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
birdiesX4
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pumpkin mom View Post
Exact same thing happened to an elderly neighbour of my dad's. Accused by two people of scratching their car. They rang up next day telling her it would be about 1,000 for damage. Dad rang the police and gave the details. Blocked the number on the phone. Poor neighbour had just lost her husband and now has lost her confidence going out.
That's awful. I'm sure my mum would fall for that. She would be so confused and think they must be right and she had made a mistake.
birdiesX4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List