Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Feb 18, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelM
VIP Dibber

RachelM's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Question Ideas for daughters bedroom - Rose gold or mint?

We move house soon and my 12 year old daughter wanted to change the colour of her room from purple to a kind of mint green. Easy I thought! Now she is saying she might want to go for a rose gold theme. I have no idea where to start with that. I looked at bedding and it all seemed to be silk/satin which she can't use.

Any help or ideas appreciated. Thank you
Old 16 Feb 18, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

My 11 year old wanted rose gold. Impossible for paint and as you mentioned not available in cotton bedding really either. We ended up finding lots of artwork and accessories instead.
Old 16 Feb 18, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

My niece is 11 and the Rose Gold theme is all the rage, I think if you check out Instagram and Pinterest it's where they seem to get a lot of ideas from.
I think Dunelm have Rose Gold accents in themes as well.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinkjojo
Excited about Disney

Mobile

There's lots of white/grey/pink about at the moment with rose gold touches. White and mint green would look lovely with rose gold accessories (or even copper). I wouldn't go too heavy with the rose gold as you don't want it to be too over powering plus it makes it easy when you want to change things to give the room a different look. Nearly every shop that does home accessories or even the supermarkets and Primark have things available at the moment such as photo frames, wire baskets for knick knacks and lamps etc so there's plenty of choice out there! Have a look on Pinterest for ideas too xxx
Old 16 Feb 18, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
keeley78
Imagineer

keeley78's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
I'd go with rose gold or copper accessories, there's loads about we have lots of it, my dd has it in her bedroom, it looks gorgeous with grey & blush pink, her walls are all white but we accessorise with the other colours, it's also easy & cheap to change the colour scheme if you fancy a change

Rosen inn @ pointe May 2010, Rosen inn @ pointe & got married May 2011, Clarion inn LBV May 2012, Rosen international, RPR & Hilton Clearwater July/aug 2013
New York July 2016
Rosen @ pointe, Cabana Bay & All star sports Oct/ Nov 2018, New York July 2023
keeley78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

My dd has just done hers in grey and pink with gold accents. She got all her bedding from primark but did opt for a satin / furry bedspread.

It looks lovely.

She had found inspiration photos on tumblr
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Mobile

I was in B&M today and the had a gorgeous rose gold geometric style wallpaper that would be lovely as a feature wall. Couldn’t think of a reason for it in our new house & my little girls only 1! x
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

Some rose gold in our spare room, there are loads of accessories in the shops at the moment although all I’ve bought is a lampshade . Still no curtains... need to get organised!

cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

My daughter is also 12. She has a lot of rose gold bedroom accessories from Primark. Her bedding is grey marble which also seems to be the fashion at the minute. Walls plain and the rose gold bits from Primark which can soon be replaced when she is bored of it.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Suffolk dad
Very Serious Dibber

Have just finished redecorating DD11s room in a rose gold theme, although it’s mainly accessories. Seems like everything is rose gold nowadays, definitely a new trend.

Her ensuite is peppermint green as well, with silver trim and white shower/loo/sink etc
Suffolk dad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List