Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Feb 18, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

We don’t buy the little boxes of cereal because there is not enough in one box lol we must be a greedy bunch.
When staying on site I take some cereal bars in case we are rushing to get to the park early then the kids can eat on the go, they are terribly travel sick on empty tummies.
Plus I personally like picking things up when they are on offer and put them away for holiday because it’s exciting lol even if we don’t need them 😳😳
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Family of 4 , two days of rope drop days breakfast £1 (plus let's say £1 for milk) versus post rope drop breakfast at Disney prices with moaning, hungry kids. It has a certain logic to it.
Whilst at the supermarket buying milk I would have bought a box of cereal there too. But As a family on holiday we eat out, that way we all get to have a holiday without the normal everyday kitchen chores we have at home.

Dave
sunseeker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Mo&Chris
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Three words
Sell By Dates
That was my first thought, too!

/Mo
Mo&Chris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
i take a big box of shreddies for my son as the american stuff is vile.
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Some of us are on a budget and if we have a few breakfasts at the villa, brought from home, it makes the spends go further. I don't call putting a few bowls, spoons and tea mugs in the dishwasher a chore either, but I also understand that some don't want to. Do what you like, there is no right or wrong. I also like gathering things for my holidays, clothes, cereal bars, whatever, I don't care, it all adds to the build up for me,

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
phoebe23
Serious Dibber

Mobile

When our grandchildren were toddlers I always did this and we were in a villa! Weetabix too + cream crackers, custard pots, Heinz beans micro pots & gravy mix. Loved accumulating my 'bottom drawer' of familiar foods if they were on offer😂
phoebe23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
Some of us are on a budget and if we have a few breakfasts at the villa, brought from home, it makes the spends go further. I don't call putting a few bowls, spoons and tea mugs in the dishwasher a chore either, but I also understand that some don't want to. Do what you like, there is no right or wrong. I also like gathering things for my holidays, clothes, cereal bars, whatever, I don't care, it all adds to the build up for me,
If I were staying in a villa, then I absolutely would be eating in the villa on a regular basis. In which case I surely need to go to supermarket at some point, so I would see no need to bring individual cereal packets over with me which are undoubtedly less economical than buying a large box.

However I can only ever see myself staying onsite, with a dining plan, in which case I do not need to bring food in this scenario either.

I dint care what anybody else does and I don’t think anybody has to do what I do. I just find it mildly interesting and curious that somebody is excited about buying cereal packets and putting them in a suitcase six months ahead of a holiday.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
birdiesX4
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bridgetx View Post
If I were staying in a villa, then I absolutely would be eating in the villa on a regular basis. In which case I surely need to go to supermarket at some point, so I would see no need to bring individual cereal packets over with me which are undoubtedly less economical than buying a large box.

However I can only ever see myself staying onsite, with a dining plan, in which case I do not need to bring food in this scenario either.

I dint care what anybody else does and I don’t think anybody has to do what I do. I just find it mildly interesting and curious that somebody is excited about buying cereal packets and putting them in a suitcase six months ahead of a holiday.
We have always had our breakfast at the villa or condo. We all wake up starving do couldnt wait to get to some place for food. We try to have some meals in otherwise I think we would get bored of the eating out every day. We like to try the food you can buy in the supermarket too.
Wouldn't dream of taking any food though apart from tea bags, too many other things to take. Each to their own though.
birdiesX4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

I have done this on previous trips but didn't think to declare it...must remember to do it this year!
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 12:39 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

We are split staying this year and our party size has gone from three to then five and now seven ,spanning three generations. I can see the benefit in cereal to tide the kids over whilst trying to get everyone up and out for breakfast Most US cereals are a bit over sweet compared to UK ones.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List