Notices

Old 2 May 16, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Your plans sound great! Haha, wonder how long before you have some new hand luggage...;-)
Thank you, I'm so excited its just so far away I'm really trying to save money although i've been looking and found a few i like Most likely there will be an update for my new hand luggage

Thanks for reading
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 16, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Travel insurance

Hi everyone

Just a quick update, nothing too exciting i'm afraid. Its now officially a year until we go on holiday. Thank goodness. I've been counting down from over 700 days and now we are under 365

As it was a year before we could finally book travel insurance. I know everyone says you should get insurance before you book anything but it didn't seem like we could get any insurance until a year out and we weren't prepared to wait to book. we only paid deposits and wouldn't pay full costs until we had insurance. Anyway we went through Martin Lewis and got a price we were happy with. For 3 of us last year, one with a medical condition was £120 so we were hoping for a lot less. This year mine was £28 and mums was £31 so we are happy with those prices and we now have insurance woooo.

We are now waiting on prices for the virgin flights to come out. Originally we were going economy both ways but i now feel that going premium would be better for me and hopefully allow me to relax more on the flight. However looking at previous prices both ways are just out of our price range so i'm hoping for premium one way and economy the way back. I have looked at Thomas cook flights as they are out for may but i would prefer to fly with virgin. I'm now just thinking of which seats on the plane I would prefer, i'm thinking the bubble because we enjoyed it so much last time and i found it a lot calmer up there but i am worried in economy if i sit next to a stranger and i end up being sick that would be a problem so i'm not sure what to do about that, if anyone has any advise it would be greatly received.

That's all for now, the next update should hopefully be when we've booked our flights. That's all for now
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 16, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
bettany2001
Excited about Disney

Really enjoying this pre trippie, so pleased for you about getting AKL at such a good price. I've never stayed on site, I'm hoping to do that after this year's trip. Looking forward to your next update.😊
bettany2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 16, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Originally Posted by bettany2001 View Post
Really enjoying this pre trippie, so pleased for you about getting AKL at such a good price. I've never stayed on site, I'm hoping to do that after this year's trip. Looking forward to your next update.😊

I cant quite believe we are staying there for our full Disney stay, i didn't really think it was possible We loved staying onsite and being in the Disney bubble its definitely something i would recommend, definitely something for your next trip. Thank you for reading, glad your enjoying the report
Old 3 Jun 16, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
The start of Mays flight have started to come out, I know Virgin are more expensive but my gosh wasn't expecting that high. I've got my fingers crossed they come down when our dates are added otherwise we may have a change of plan 😩
Old 7 Jun 16, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyjay
Helping Mickey

Love this pre trippy. We go at the same time and I'm waiting for flights very nervously! I know what you mean about the price of Virgin flights, they are well out of our budget! I'm waiting for BA as there are six of us and they are much more reasonable and I reckon less on flights means more goodies when we are there! Xx
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort - 2017
WDW Pop Century - 2023
Disneyjay is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 16, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Originally Posted by Disneyjay View Post
Love this pre trippy. We go at the same time and I'm waiting for flights very nervously! I know what you mean about the price of Virgin flights, they are well out of our budget! I'm waiting for BA as there are six of us and they are much more reasonable and I reckon less on flights means more goodies when we are there! Xx
I had my heart set on virgin but its true what you say and we could use the extra money to spend while we are out there. I'm currently looking at Thomas cook as well but cant really decide until virgin release our dates. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks for reading
Old 23 Jun 16, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Why does this happen?

So our flights have finally come out. I don't want to wait around so had decided to just get them booked today. Picked the flights we wanted clicked the next button and no the sites not working. I tried another link and the prices raised by £300. Why is it never straight forward when you want to do something hoping i can get the flights at the price i wanted arghhhhh :angry:
Old 23 Jun 16, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Amiee89
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

You tried skyscannner? Or is that the site your using. Xx
Amiee89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 16, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
The flights are booked!

THE FLIGHTS ARE BOOKED. I feel this could be a long one due to me being incapable of making a decision so sit back, relax and enjoy even more rambling from me

If you read my last trip report you will know just before boarding the plane I started to have a massive panic attack and couldn’t breathe. I have no idea where this came from as I loved flying before this trip but I was sat looking like a crying mess in the airport . It didn’t help that we took off and an hour into the flight we had to turn back due to a plane fault. This wasn’t anyone’s fault and was dealt with really well. The plane flying back isn’t what scared me I was just paranoid about being sick in front of people for some unknown reason. We were in the bubble which seemed to calm my nerves slightly and the staff up there were just amazing. Anyway now you have the back story you’ll understand why I struggled to decide on flights so much.

When throwing ideas around about flights the first thought was to fly with virgin again and pay for seats in the bubble. The service with virgin was really good and having less people up in the bubble really helped my nerves so this seemed like the sensible route to go down. Once we came back off the holiday I started monitoring virgin prices to see what they were showing for 2016 when they dropped and when they were at their cheapest. I did this monthly and targeted for economy flights both ways for £450-£500 which seemed possible.

A couple of months later I noticed that virgin’s premium seats had gone down in price and started to research what was included, the seat formation and how this would fit into our plans. I soon realised I would feel far better in the two seat formation of the premium seats and thought this would also calm my nerves knowing if I was ill only my mum would see. It would also help mum as she has to sit nearest the aisle also due to nerves. Aren’t we a great pair . So I continued to monitor and hoped if I could get premium seats for £800 each then we would go for it.

When 2017 prices started to come out I noticed how high they were. Are the seats made of gold or something? For that price I would have expected them to be! It was at this point we decided just to price up flights with other companies such as Thomas cook. If we could save money then maybe flying with another company wouldn’t be as bad because at the end of the day it’s just a means to an end to get back to the most magical place on earth. Prices were looking good and I did some research into what was included in both economy and premium however I kept going back to virgin and hoped the prices would go down because id prefer to fly with them.
(I realise in this pretrip I write “I” and “I’d like” a lot, me and mum are always on the same sort of page so they are her ideas too. If there’s anything she doesn’t agree with she tells me).

So virgin prices then dropped slightly and we considered flying premium one way and economy back as it was flying out that I found so stressful and I can sleep anywhere and mum never sleeps so the night flight wouldn’t be an issue in economy. We were able to book these flights for the £800 budget. That is until I went on the virgin website to do so and it wouldn’t let me book it :angry::angry: It just kept telling me there was an error. I went on the online chat and they sent me a link to try another route but this added an extra £400 to the price, I don’t think so virgin that’s cheeky. We decided to give it a couple of days and retry hoping this wouldn’t effect the price.

Anddddd then I forgot about the vote and that prices may sky rocket for virgin, which they didn’t… I’m kidding of course they did. Economy one way was £600 the day after the vote so me and mum sat down to decide what we would prefer to do. We started to look into the pros of flying with virgin the entertainment, the drinks, the seating formation and the feeling of less people which after a lot of research we realised we would receive with Thomas Cook. We started to warm to the thought of Thomas cook and actually realised maybe this would be better in the end.

Last Thursday we then priced up premium seats on Thomas cook and managed to get both ways for £700 each. We have an earlier flight than the virgin flight we were originally looking at which must have some benefits when we land in Orlando not to mention the extra hours holiday. We have two seats next to each other booked which we didn’t have to pay extra for and they are at the back of premium so no one will be sitting behind us which is exactly what we wanted. Overall I’m actually really happy with the flights. It will be nice to experience a different company and I’m actually happier having an earlier flight and the seats we have and the biggest bonus of them being £100 less than we had budgeted for. I can’t quite believe the flights are booked and we are nearly finished with this side of the planning.

When we booked we got the confirmation email straight away and I had a mild panic as the email had both me and mum down as MRS which i thought would be a problem due to our passports saying miss. However after calling Thomas cook every woman that gets the confirmation emails is addressed as a MRS which seems random but at least its not down wrong.

Are you still with me? If you are you deserve a treat of some sort. My flights are booked and paid for so that’s another thing ticked off the to do list. We have started to look at ADR’s, well that’s a lie we’ve pretty much decided them so that will be the next update.

Thank you for reading, as always if you have any advise about the flights ect let me know. Sorry it's a long one, I did warn you! Until next time .

Edited at 11:34 PM.