Notices

View Poll Results: How often do you check your ESTA status once approved?
Never - I don't think I need to 150 63.29%
Once every 3 months - just in case the rules for acceptance have changed 12 5.06%
About 3 months before I am due to travel to the USA 18 7.59%
About 1 month before I am due to travel to the USA 20 8.44%
About 1 week before I am due to travel to the USA 4 1.69%
Only if I read that the rules may have changed 24 10.13%
Other (please leave comment in the post) 9 3.80%
Voters: 237. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19 Apr 16, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Mobile

Other - before I book the flights

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 16, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I check mine periodically, just in case the status changes
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 16, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

I have never thought to check back after applying for them initially. Have done it just now though as this put the fear in me... all still approved though, phew!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 16, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Other - I check ours whenever I start thinking about a trip. Mine actually expires soon and I'm waiting to see if we can do a trip somewhere in June so I'll be doing a new one before we book anything!
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 16, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

Can it changed once it's been approved?

I didn't know this! I only have checked once, saw the approved sign printed then never worried about it again.

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 16, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Yes it can be changed, but only if something unusual happens. The only reason for the ongoing fuss at the moments is because new rules were brought in after the Paris attacks.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 16, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Dog
Imagineer

I check it once to ensure it's authorised then I check it again when im about to book a new trip to ensure its still in date and authorised.
Big Dog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 16, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Only had the one esta ...managed two trips out of it ... first trip I didn't know much about them to be honest I just applied it was approved job done... never thought I needed to check them and went off on our holibobs. Fast forward to planning for our trip a few weeks ago. I had read it wasn't necessary to change your info on esta which i didn't bother doing ...I'm if the belief that if it ain't broke blah blah blah so I left it as it was. When the new rules came in on April 1st I got paranoid as we travelled on 16th...checked status of them all good, day before we went I got our email saying they expired in 30 days so got paranoid again and checked ...still all good but just had to check :angry:
So these ESTAs have been checked a few times ...won't be looking again though as they expire in about a week or so and they've served their purpose.
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 16, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by hilz22 View Post
Can it changed once it's been approved?

I didn't know this! I only have checked once, saw the approved sign printed then never worried about it again.
Originally Posted by Ilivehereorland View Post
Yes it can be changed, but only if something unusual happens. The only reason for the ongoing fuss at the moments is because new rules were brought in after the Paris attacks.
As livehereorland has said it will only be exceptional circumstances which will cause the status to be changed once approved. For example, if you have overstayed, or the system thinks you have overstayed you can be changed to denied. I would certainly recommend you check it before your book any flights and possibly a couple of months before because in the unlikely even there has been a change you still have the chance of getting a visa. If it changes after that of course you are in the lap of the Gods.
BucksBugsy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 16, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Wozi
Imagineer

I check mine before we book, if it's an older esta. Then again in the run up to the holiday.