Notices

Old 14 Jul 16, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

Sorry to barge in but what on earth are packing cubes?!

Think I'm at a similar stage of planning with 13 months to go... without the correct Busy Day Guide I feel like I've hit a bit of a brick wall!
Old 15 Jul 16, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Glad your Mum is doing better

I too am so impatient to get Universal tickets booked but want Volcano Bay included too. Hate wishing my life away but want it sorted! Haha x
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 16, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Redrach1903 View Post
Glad your mum is on the mend and that you had a lovely time away! Loved the photos on Instagram and Facebook ❤️Xxx
Thank you my lovely xx

Originally Posted by BaconAndAvocado View Post
Sorry to barge in but what on earth are packing cubes?!

Think I'm at a similar stage of planning with 13 months to go... without the correct Busy Day Guide I feel like I've hit a bit of a brick wall!
Packing cubes are the future

I saw many Dibbers mention them and they are like small bags to separate your packing, I think they will be fab for a split stay and will save me unpacking the full cases ... so I can have 4 outfits for our Universal stay in one small packing case and then slot them into the drawers etc, hope that makes sense, think Im trying to justify my purchases

Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
Glad your Mum is doing better

I too am so impatient to get Universal tickets booked but want Volcano Bay included too. Hate wishing my life away but want it sorted! Haha x
Totally relate! I need to have more things booked, I hate this stage in the planning, it feels like a lull
Old 18 Jul 16, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Sheileebops
I want to go now!

That's great that your Mum is doing better, bless your lovely Dad buying your flights, that was such a kind thought.
I just wanted to say my Mum is on your flight (we're flying out from a different airport and meeting in Florida), we're there for 3 weeks too... I Love your trip report, you're like my checklist to make sure I'm keeping the pace!
Sheileebops is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 16, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
CrumpThree
Trying for More Ears

We are off in 4 weeks on a similar trip (but sadly not as long) to your 2017 trip: 10 nights at SSR on DDP followed by 6 nights at HRH in club.

Myself, wife & 2 daughters 18 & 15. We have been to California once and Orlando 3 times before but this is our first trip onsite. Very excited! Also, looks like we will also be doing a lot of the dining that you mention.
CrumpThree is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 16, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sheileebops View Post
That's great that your Mum is doing better, bless your lovely Dad buying your flights, that was such a kind thought.
I just wanted to say my Mum is on your flight (we're flying out from a different airport and meeting in Florida), we're there for 3 weeks too... I Love your trip report, you're like my checklist to make sure I'm keeping the pace!
Thanks you for reading and your lovely comments. Tell your mum to look out for us, I will be the frazzled mum with two fighting boys

Originally Posted by CrumpThree View Post
We are off in 4 weeks on a similar trip (but sadly not as long) to your 2017 trip: 10 nights at SSR on DDP followed by 6 nights at HRH in club.

Myself, wife & 2 daughters 18 & 15. We have been to California once and Orlando 3 times before but this is our first trip onsite. Very excited! Also, looks like we will also be doing a lot of the dining that you mention.
Thank you for reading, sounds like an amazing trip
Old 25 Jul 16, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Great start to the trip report!
Look like an amazing holiday plan already, next for the ADR's!

Enjoy the planning
Twinklestar1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 16, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Originally Posted by Twinklestar1 View Post
Great start to the trip report!
Look like an amazing holiday plan already, next for the ADR's!

Enjoy the planning
Thank you so much for reading! ADR day is just too long away
Old 27 Jul 16, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hi peeps

I have really had my planning head on this week and have been going crazy... I have ordered Disney tops for myself and the boys from Uniqlo website... I had never heard of this site so huge thanks to Aimie (pixie81) for the tips on her pre-trippie. It makes sense to buy little bits at a time to save the whole outlay at once. I am really happy with the quality of the material, compared to some other branded Disney stuff I got from primark.

This is some of the selection

Tank/Vest for me

TShirt for Barry

I love this Tshirt for Lewis, its a Toy Story but like a Wreck It Ralph Theme

And this one for Mason

I have also been working hard on my plan on my spreadsheets, I have been finding it difficult to try and fit in some new restaurants but also try and get to the ones we really really enjoyed last year too, so much to do not enough time to do it!

I struggled a bit with the rigid plans last year so I have tried to factor in some free days this time and we also like our pool time too. I would welcome any tips/ideas on our plans, but at present our current plan looks like this (subject to change depending on EMH etc)

Day 1: Check into Rosen Inn International, we would like to eat at Dibbers favourite, Millers - I believe its just across the road and I NEED a Zinger Mountain Melt in my life

Day 2: Up early and check into RPR for 4 days, we are in a Club Level room so some food and drink will be included but I would still like to try and eat at some Universal restaurants, we don't require a confirmed plan at Universal so quite looking forward to taking it at a more relaxed pace. My top 3 choices to eat in Universal are: Bubba Gumps, Margaritaville and Hard Rock Café

Day 6: Check into Saratoga Springs, we would like to eat somewhere on the Boardwalk as we haven't been here before, I had considered Beaches and Cream but I think my boys would love ESPN and the sports theming any recommendations are welcome, then we will spend the evening in Epcot

Day 7: First full Disney Day, therefore only one thing for it, Crystal Palace breakfast then spend the day in MK, we had originally planned to try for a dinner at Be Our Guest but have decided to remove this from our plans, we did enjoy it last year but we have decided to give it a miss this time and we don't feel we are missing out. We might grab a quick QS dinner in MK and this factors in some free time.

Day 8: Blizzard Beach, my boys love this water park so we are hoping to do 2 days here, afterwards I would like to try an ADR at Sanaa at AKL

Day 9: Hollywood Studios and a Lunch at 50's Prime Time Café, Im not going to tell the boys the CM are in character Fantasmic at night

Day 10: A free day, to either chill at the pool or visit a park depending on how we feel and hopefully eat at Rainforest Café at Disney Springs at night

Day 11: Animal Kingdom - Tusker House Breakfast, we loved this last year probably our favourite character meal.

Day 12: Lunch at Garden Grill and a day in Epcot

Day 13: Shopping Day followed by Dinner at Grand Floridian Café

Day 14: Breakfast at Ohana, then an afternoon in MK and then catch the boat to WL for dinner at Whispering Canyon, again I plan on not telling the boys about the shenanigans

Day 15: Free Day and Evening

Day 16: Epcot and then dinner at Via Napoli

Day 17: Blizzard Beach and free evening

Day 18: Breakfast at Chef Mickey then onto HS with a free evening

Day 19: We always make a point of letting the kids choose on the last day, then an ADR at Ohana at night before going home the next day

The way my TS credits stand I have one spare so with our free days we can play around with MDE and see where our heart desires.

This could all totally change in 6 months time when its time to book our ADR's but at present I think theres a good mix in there and plenty to do.

Thanks for reading along

Edited at 04:34 PM.
2littleboys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 16, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Great update lovely! Those tshirts are awesome

I think ESPN would be your best bet at The Boardwalk The boys will definitely love it!

You will love GF Cafè!

So exciting! Xxx
Redrach1903 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List