Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 6 Nov 16, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessCastle
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 50
I guess we're grown ups now? Nah, maybe next week! October 2016 Part 1 - Pre Travel Day

Index

Pre Travel Day - 03.10.16

We started the day in newly wed bliss... by tidying up the takeaway stuff from the night before. I packed some stuff while Ross took his phone up the road to get the screen fixed (he had dropped it playing golf on Friday).

We then went up to the bank to pay in our cash and cheque wedding gifts and to get my name changed over (eeeeeeek! Mrs Bennett!)and we took some of our wedding cake up to Ross’ work which they were very pleased with! Then we dropped by the alterations place to pick up my wedding dress for the photo shoot which they had packed in my cabin bag for me.

The rest of the morning was spent repacking and tidying up. We had two huge cases and a holdall. All of our stuff fit in one case but I split some of it up and put it in the holdall then but the holdall inside one of the big cases, bags of room for souvenirs! Bags of room... geddit? But we soon ran out of time and my mum arrived to take us to the station. We hadn’t had time to go to the cemetery and put my bouquet on Ross’ Nana’s grave so I ended up getting all upset about it! But my mum promised to take it up to Ross’ Mum’s later so she could take it.

We arrived at the train station and grabbed some snacky bits at the shop as well as a puzzler. We hopped on the 2:30 train. Our seats were right next to the luggage rack but we couldn’t get our stuff on them cause they were full of small cabin bags that could easily fit on the top racks! Ross stayed with the cases in the door way space and I sat down and did some puzzles.
Once we’d hit a few stops there was a bit of room on the luggage rack so Ross rearranged it to fit our cases on and then came and joined me on our seats. He helped me with the puzzles and we watched our favourite streamer on Twitch, King Gothalion aka Goth.

If you don’t know, Twitch is an app where you can watch people live stream themselves playing video games, sounds ultra boring but Goth is very entertaining. Ross and I both play Destiny on his xbox, I used to hate it but Ross persuaded me to have a go, now I love it. I’m garbage at it but it’s good fun! So we watch Goth play Destiny as well as Pokemon and other games, I may mention him a lot so now you know what I’m on about!

We arrived in Manchester Airport at 4:50 and grabbed a taxi to Premier Inn South for £6. The driver was super nice and chatty.

In PI we paid the £65 for the room and got given our keys to room 225 with a nice view of the car park! I don’t have any pictures of the room but it was just a bog standard PI room, it was fairly roomy though!

We both showered and got ready for the evening then headed downstairs and ordered a taxi to the printworks. We got a vodka and orange and a larger while we waited and Ross started the gambling before we even go to vegas!

The taxi driver arrived in a huge minibus... for just us...ok! Fun thing... he stank! Full on BO and it was rank. The guy drove like a loony and when we got to the city centre he gave us an actual guided tour of Manchester. Taking us up and down back streets telling us the history of all the buildings etc...all well and good mate, very interesting but we are starving can you just get us to the Hard Rock already?! When we finally arrived he charged us £30 and gave us his card so we could call him for a lift back because there’s no way a black cab would charge us less... yea we’ll see about that pal!

In the Hard Rock we were seated in the exact same booth as last time and got the exact same server! Last time was a good 4 or 5 years ago as well so it was funny to us.

We (Ross) went for the usual starter of chicken wings but this time trying the buffalo sauce. And so we started the chicken wing count with 6! As usual, Ross ate the wings and I dipped the carrots and celery in the blue cheese sauce and ate those!

For mains I chose the pulled pork burger and Ross had the trio or chicken, ribs and pulled pork. All yummy as usual and all washed down with a couple of beers for Ross and a prosecco for me!
I obviously was not in full trippy flow yet as I have no photos of the food but I do have one of the important part...

And a ‘first date as hubby and wifey’ selfie for good measure!

Total was £60 including tip.

I grabbed a pin at the Rock Shop for £12.45 and managed to resist a top that was so lush but I put it back on the rack!

We decided to try a black cab and the guy told us it would be £25. I knew that stinker was lying!

Back at the hotel we decided to use the Ben and Jerrys vending machine for a £3 teeny tub of cookie dough, worth it!
We repacked the cases and I popped a nytol for good measure cause I'm a terrible sleeper when I'm nervous/excited then sleepy time at 10:30!

Chicken Wing Count - 6
1999 - Hotel Cheyene DLP * 2002 - Explorers Hotel DLP * 2003 - Quality Inn I-Drive * 2006 - Explorers Hotel DLP * 2012 - Rosen Inn I-Drive * 2014 - New Port Bay DLP * 2016 - Beach Club * 2018 - Give Kids The World Village

IG:alixbennettx

Edited at 07:24 PM.
PrincessCastle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 16, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Oooh I do love a pre travel day, all the excitement

Congratulations on your wedding!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 16, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessCastle
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
Oooh I do love a pre travel day, all the excitement

Congratulations on your wedding!
Thank you

I was so excited! But so stressed too, usually the weeks leading up to a holiday I'm organising cases, printing and writing notes, plans etc etc but because it was all wedding, wedding, wedding I just felt so unorganised for this holiday! It all went fine in the end though - spoiler alert
1999 - Hotel Cheyene DLP * 2002 - Explorers Hotel DLP * 2003 - Quality Inn I-Drive * 2006 - Explorers Hotel DLP * 2012 - Rosen Inn I-Drive * 2014 - New Port Bay DLP * 2016 - Beach Club * 2018 - Give Kids The World Village

PrincessCastle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 17, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Aww love it, what an exciting start! Excellent choice to start off the American food fest at HRC haha! x
oh_darling is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 17, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Not sure how I missed this report Alix, I don't seem to look at the California/West Coast boards much sorry! Found it now though, off to read the other days posted x
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 17, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
dozy
Imagineer

dozy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
is nytol good? looking to try something to get me through the 10 hour flight to vegas next year?

dozy does de west... vegas baby
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=886432
dozy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 18, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessCastle
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by oh_darling View Post
Aww love it, what an exciting start! Excellent choice to start off the American food fest at HRC haha! x
It's got to be done! Got to warm up the stomach

Originally Posted by EJSakaAnna View Post
Not sure how I missed this report Alix, I don't seem to look at the California/West Coast boards much sorry! Found it now though, off to read the other days posted x
Thanks! Finally getting round to finishing it. I am the worst at typing these things up!

Originally Posted by dozy View Post
is nytol good? looking to try something to get me through the 10 hour flight to vegas next year?
Certainly worked for me! I think it works best with occasional use so as long as you dont take it every night you should be ok.

Old 3 Apr 18, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great start x
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List