Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 11 Jan 17, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
thebig40
slightly serious Dibber

What to do outside the parks?

Hello,

I REALLY NEED to go back but the others want to have a more relaxing holiday. What is there to do outside the parks? Where can we go and what can we do? There will be 4 of us 2 adults and 2 kids aged 11 and 10. I was thinking of flying into Orlando and out of Miami.

TIA
thebig40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 17, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
arkv1lla
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 13
We don't do the parks at all, I have a list of things that I send to my guests, PM me and I can send it to you (or if you have FB just message me through there)

Sandra
arkv1lla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 17, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
BLDY&McGoo
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

Highly recommed revolution off road, full reort in my latest trippie but we had an amazing time & will do it again when we next visit x
BLDY&McGoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 17, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

theres tons to do! we maybe spend 4-5 days in the parks at most each trip. the rest of the time is spent off elsewhere...

for starters, how about

road trip to new orleans
couple of days in st augustine, miami, sarasota
trip to the keys
go shoot some guns (oakridge gun range)
do an airboat ride (spirit of the swamp)
go to the drive-in cinema (silvermoon)
go to the rodeo (silver spurs arena)
take a trip to winter park or have a drive round windermere and other nice areas of orlando
go see a baseball game in st petes (tropicana field)
spend a day or two in downtown orlando, go see a gig at the amway arena, visit the orlando brewing company, go for some drinks on south orange avenue
visit lakeridge winery

my POI map of restaurants and "other" places to visit is a good start... i think most of the above are on there!

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...d.php?t=898832

but that list should be enough to get you started with two holidays to florida without visiting a park

hth
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 17, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
thebig40
slightly serious Dibber

Wow! That is a start!

Thank you
thebig40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 17, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Hire bikes cycle round celebration visit a state park lake Louisa is lovely take a picnic / barbecue stuff use their pits old town car show Tampa go to MOSI a great day out Lowry Park zoo Big cat rescue in Orlando zip lining even go karting
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 17, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Lovebugs
Looking for my Ears

Bok Tower Gardens in Lake Wales is always worth a visit and only about 45 mins away from the Disney area. Featuring a cathedral-like tower surrounded by tropical gardens, it's one of the most beautiful places I've ever been to!
Lovebugs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 17, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi

I've looked at the rodeo website, is this something that is seasonal we go in July/August. I guess this is not on then?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 17, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
OnOurWay
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by veedubs81 View Post
Hi

I've looked at the rodeo website, is this something that is seasonal we go in July/August. I guess this is not on then?
Silver Spurs is only on a couple of times a year, but there is still a rodeo on every Friday at kissimmee sports arena. There is also Westgate River ranch which has a rodeo on a Saturday amongst other things. You can stay there, drive there yourself or book it as a day out including transport.
OnOurWay is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List