Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Aug 17, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

How do Magic Bands Work for Multiple Resorts

Hi

I am staying in Multiple Onsite resorts.

How do magic bands work in relation to us having 14 day ultimate tickets, dining res , and memory maker.

What happened each time we change resort?

All the tickets, reservations and fastpass bookings are on my Disney experience.

Thanks
Old 4 Aug 17, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

Like you say, the reservations are all linked in MDE. Your magic band is also linked to MDE.

Your magic band is basically the key to whatever you have in your MDE account.

You will (unless you've declined them) be given magic bands for each separate stay. All "old" bands will still be linked to MDE so will continue to act as room keys for new reservations, tickets and fastpasses.
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 17, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

Are your tickets connected to any of the resort reservations? did you book it as a package? if so, the tickets won't be automatically on any new magic bands from resort stays after the first one (with tickets) and you'll need to get them added, you can use any old ones for anything in the future but can't use newer bands for older tickets
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 17, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

Yeah I was thinking it might be easier to just keep the first bands for the duration, but will they open the room door at all the resorts?
Old 4 Aug 17, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sarah84 View Post
Are your tickets connected to any of the resort reservations? did you book it as a package? if so, the tickets won't be automatically on any new magic bands from resort stays after the first one (with tickets) and you'll need to get them added, you can use any old ones for anything in the future but can't use newer bands for older tickets
The tickets will be automatically linked to new magic bands.

Magic bands are linked to a person and if that person has a ticket assigned to them, all that persons magic bands will have access to that ticket.

Edited at 05:37 PM.
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 17, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
teerts
Excited about Disney

What you need to remember is nothing is actually stored on your Magic Band it is all held in the MDE database, so effectively whatever is assigned to you in MDE you can access, rooms, tickets, credit cards, dining plan, photos, etc, etc

You can change and have as many MBs assigned to your MDE account, they will all be able to do the same.

So if you got a MB in your 1st hotel, them moved to another Disney hotel where you get new MBs you could still use your old ones to open the room on the new hotel.

as an example, we have bands from our stay at SSR last year, I could take these with me this year and without any configuration or changes they could be used to open my hotel at POR this year or get me into the parks using my new tickets.
Old 4 Aug 17, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MissVincent View Post
The tickets will be automatically linked to new magic bands.

Magic bands are linked to a person and if that person has a ticket assigned to them, all that persons magic bands will have access to that ticket.
Not the case, unless they'e fixed the issue in the last couple of years. I did split stay in 2015 and my magic band from my 2nd resort wouldn't work for ticket purposes and I had to get guest services to sort it out, for some reason if you have 14 day ultimates at least they won't work on new magic bands you receive once you've checked out of the stay you had them linked with, but you can still use the previous (or any old bands) and get into the parks with no issues.
As I say it could have changed as I did split stay again this year but had an AP linked this time rather than 14 day ultimate
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 17, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

Mobile

Not the case, unless they'e fixed the issue in the last couple of years. I did split stay in 2015 and my magic band from my 2nd resort wouldn't work for ticket purposes and I had to get guest services to sort it out, for some reason if you have 14 day ultimates at least they won't work on new magic bands you receive once you've checked out of the stay you had them linked with, but you can still use the previous (or any old bands) and get into the parks with no issues.
As I say it could have changed as I did split stay again this year but had an AP linked this time rather than 14 day ultimate
I have been twice a year every year since 2015 and always a split stay. Our first trip of each year starts with ultimates and each time our tickets have worked with the next magic band. We never upgrade to AP until the last or second last day.

It may have just been there was an issue with your mde/magic band but that is not the norm.
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 17, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post

I believe it has changed as we used our first set of bands from BLT for WL and OKW and everything linked through.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 17, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Mobile

No issue with a single ticket working across 2 onsite reservations last year 👍
Easter 06 Calabay Parc/Vero Beach
Easter 07 Sunset Lakes/RPR Trippy
Hallowe'en 07 Sunset Lakes/HRH ~ Hallowe'en 08 Highlands Reserve & HRH
Xmas 09 - Bella Vida/HRH/Pop Trippy
Jul 2010 Bella Vida & RPR Photos
OKW & Bahama Bay for Christmas 2012
Summer 2015 ~ Cabana Bay & Terre Verde Sept 2016 -- Solo @ Pop / BWV / Sapphire Falls

Orlandobelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List