Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 15 Aug 18, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
When we upgraded we kept all our existing fastpasses. In fact the CM who done the upgrade gave us some complimentary anytime fastpasses on top. Only downside is for our trip next month have only been able to book the 7 days but knew that in advance.
Thank you for replying.

It is definitely a huge downside for future trips, you would think Disney would treat AP holders better but I suppose they have to have a limit or everyone would be booking multiple days on the off chance they might visit.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Disney will give you the value they were paid for the ticket by the Vendor you bought the ticket from, this will be less than you paid for the ticket due to the vendors mark up, plus of course, it depends on the exchange rate that Disney used for the conversion in the first place.
I assume the mark up varies from vendor to vendor and the exchange rate varies as well so its impossible to give a correct answer but it seems most loose around £50 per ticket, though there's been reports of people getting much less of a loss and some making money. It does seem though that they do now have a price in their system and no longer need to bridge the ticket to a gate ticket like they did in the past.
Old 16 Aug 18, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
Disney will give you the value they were paid for the ticket by the Vendor you bought the ticket from,
Except it seems they don't. Because some people are quoted a value which is greater than the price they paid for it (and, thus, the value will be somewhat greater than the price the vendor paid). See Alwaysdisley's post above.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mickymoose
Very Serious Dibber

I’m jumping on this thread because we have 21 day ultimates, 5 of the adult ones.

We have been quoted $167 each to upgrade to a premium pass.

Without going into all the details of our future trips and the current one, it is a no brainier to upgrade for us. We are DVC owners ‘again’so get a discount too. With parking taken off for our next 10 days and for our next trip of 14 days, it means we are only paying £50 each for our tickets next year.

My question to you is, will they give me the same price for the tickets if we go to a water park on our current ultimate tickets? And can we wait until the last day of our ulitimate ticket to upgrade?

Edited at 05:56 PM.
mickymoose is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Allfee
I want to go now!

Sorry to jump in on this, but would it be financially better to buy 14 or 21 day park tickets and upgrade to annual once there, or just purchase an annual pass in the U.K. before we go ? Staying offsite so would like the free parking as soon as possible and not too bothered about only having 7 days of fast passes.

Edited at 06:18 PM.
Allfee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

I'm pretty sure mine said something along those lines and I had no issues upgrading, I'm not sure how they worked the price out though as I was told $390 from 14 day ultimate to premium so didn't ask any questions and just handing the money over.

Also with the FP+ 7 day thing, for future visits you can't book more than 7 days worth but I had 10 days worth when I upgraded and it didn't cause any issues at all
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Alwaysdisley
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by mickymoose View Post
My question to you is, will they give me the same price for the tickets if we go to a water park on our current ultimate tickets? And can we wait until the last day of our ulitimate ticket to upgrade?
If you go to the water park on your ultimate ticket you have to upgrade to the platinum plus annual pass (the one that includes the water parks).
Yes you can wait until the last day but then you are missing out on getting any of the discounts that the annual pass offers for that trip and the date of your annual pass starting will be from the start of your trip I believe as it starts when the tickets you are upgrading start.
Alwaysdisley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Alwaysdisley
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Allfee View Post
Sorry to jump in on this, but would it be financially better to buy 14 or 21 day park tickets and upgrade to annual once there, or just purchase an annual pass in the U.K. before we go ? Staying offsite so would like the free parking as soon as possible and not too bothered about only having 7 days of fast passes.
From my experience (only done this once though!) it was cheaper to upgrade there from the 14 day ticket as they over valued that and so the annual pass ended up being cheaper than it should have been for us.
Alwaysdisley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Allfee
I want to go now!

Mobile

From my experience (only done this once though!) it was cheaper to upgrade there from the 14 day ticket as they over valued that and so the annual pass ended up being cheaper than it should have been for us.

Thank you, might be worth taking the chance or upgrading while there then.
Allfee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Hypnobabe
Being a bit Goofy

Does it matter where you buy the tickets from if you want to upgrade to APs?
Hypnobabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List