Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Aug 19, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
I wonder how many people have checked that their ESTA is still valid after this event.
Me twice, even though i knew they were😊😊

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023
Quensabob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Op, have a safe flight today and a fabulous holiday , you deserve it after yesterday x
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Rachy
Imagineer

Mobile

To be honest a print out wouldn’t have done anything. It would have been the old application which unbeknown to me had been cancelled.

So if anyone fills out a new application in the next few weeks you’ll realise what I did. You fill everything out, Then you press submit. It then takes you to a payment page. At this point you are past the stage of any old application been valid.
This is when I checked my old application. Once I checked it I Thought “oh it’s still in date” then didn’t bother doing anything with the new one. Hence why when I checked yesterday morning it said “application not found”

Norwegian weren’t to blame. Could maybe have helped more with new flights. Possibly discount on them but either way they didn’t.

It’s one of them things that i didn’t and I’m sure other people know.

I think even if you started the application and came out of it half way through filling it out you would be ok. It’s just when you submit it. That’s the issue and that’s what I remember doing.

When we checked in with Thomas cook this morning explained to them about yesterday they said Norwegian could have helped more but I guess it’s easier to say that. Would they have done more? Who knows?

Please don’t all stress about estas. It’s just one of those things. Most people would check an old application before starting a new one. Or finish the new one and pay. Nobody has heard of this happening before hence how uncommon it is.

Esta didn’t cancel an application for no reason. They cancelled it because I have submitted a new one and not paid.

Could feel a bloody panic this morning checking in with Thomas cook. “Have you done your estas” 🙈😂

I think the massive issue which was just Sod’s law was esta taking so long to approve it. Never mind. What’s done is done. 😘
Old 23 Aug 19, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

Put it behind you and have a fantastic time. It's a warning to others. I wouldn't have known. After reading your thread I checked ours and printed them out and will keep checking until the trip. Happy landings.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rachy View Post
To be honest a print out wouldn’t have done anything. It would have been the old application which unbeknown to me had been cancelled.

So if anyone fills out a new application in the next few weeks you’ll realise what I did. You fill everything out, Then you press submit. It then takes you to a payment page. At this point you are past the stage of any old application been valid.
This is when I checked my old application. Once I checked it I Thought “oh it’s still in date” then didn’t bother doing anything with the new one. Hence why when I checked yesterday morning it said “application not found”

Norwegian weren’t to blame. Could maybe have helped more with new flights. Possibly discount on them but either way they didn’t.

I think even if you started the application and came out of it half way through filling it out you would be ok. It’s just when you submit it. That’s the issue and that’s what I remember doing.

When we checked in with Thomas cook this morning explained to them about yesterday they said Norwegian could have helped more but I guess it’s easier to say that. Would they have done more? Who knows?

Please don’t all stress about estas. It’s just one of those things. Most people would check an old application before starting a new one. Or finish the new one and pay. Nobody has heard of this happening before hence how uncommon it is.

Esta didn’t cancel an application for no reason. They cancelled it because I have submitted a new one and not paid.

Could feel a bloody panic this morning checking in with Thomas cook. “Have you done your estas” 🙈😂

I think the massive issue which was just Sod’s law was esta taking so long to approve it. Never mind. What’s done is done. 😘
Even though I hate it, you have my permission to clap when your plan finally lands in Florida 😂

Go and treat yourself to something nice in duty free. You’ve been far more reasonable, balanced and calm than I ever would have been!

Have a wonderful holiday x
Old 23 Aug 19, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Mobile

Ah Rach! I obviously saw your Facebook post but didn’t know the drama behind it! Jeeze woman you do not do things by halves. I can totally imagine Molly being a star she is a credit to you! I hope you have the best trip after all this craziness and it’s a good thing for us all to know! I’m super excited to see your updates. We are moving house today but I’ll pop on later and hopefully see you getting on a plane and on your way! xxxx
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Rachy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by loola30 View Post
Even though I hate it, you have my permission to clap when your plan finally lands in Florida 😂

Go and treat yourself to something nice in duty free. You’ve been far more reasonable, balanced and calm than I ever would have been!

Have a wonderful holiday x

I think prior to a child I would have been more stressed. Molly mellows me 😂
Old 23 Aug 19, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Rachy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by alkel2730 View Post
Ah Rach! I obviously saw your Facebook post but didn’t know the drama behind it! Jeeze woman you do not do things by halves. I can totally imagine Molly being a star she is a credit to you! I hope you have the best trip after all this craziness and it’s a good thing for us all to know! I’m super excited to see your updates. We are moving house today but I’ll pop on later and hopefully see you getting on a plane and on your way! xxxx
Imagine me writing this on Facebook. 😂 Oh wow are you. Message me and let me know where to. We should catch up soon x
Old 23 Aug 19, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rachy View Post

Rachy - as someone else has already done I would like to compliment you (all) on working together to fix it and also sharing your experience with us.
Old 23 Aug 19, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Hope you have a really amazing time - you deserve it! Get yourself to the airport bar and deep breath - you're finally on your way! Did disney get back to you on whether they will let you use your 5th ticket the last day of your holiday? Fingers crossed for you xx
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List