Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 May 20, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Zellotape
Excited about Disney

Zellotape's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We are also booked to go out on 1st October.
Still very hopeful for the holiday.
Have been affected by the LGW/LHR Virgin flight change though so will wait to see what our new flight times are!
Old 14 May 20, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Triciamcl
VIP Dibber

Triciamcl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Also booked for Oct 1st but I guess it’s just wait and see

2010 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2011 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2012 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2015 POFQ, RPR and DOUBLETREE RESORT
2017 POFQ

2022 POFQ & Cabana Bay
Triciamcl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 20, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
minnieliv
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Another October 1st , really trying to stay positive but up and down at the moment. Who knows what will happen by then.
minnieliv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 20, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post

27th for us. Everything is crossed
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 20, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
kadiekaismummi
Very Serious Dibber

We are booked for 25th oct, we booked 6th may last year, have loads of things booked partly paid for, but everything has come to a standstill I just feel this isnt going to happen this year, payment isnt due til august & dont want to loose our deposits so will leave it til closer the time see what happens everything is in limbo! 😢
Old 15 May 20, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker100
VIP Dibber

I’ve already posted but thought I’d share my current thoughts. Having watched the Shanghai videos I just don’t think it will be same experience and I want to go and enjoy everything the same as before ☹️ We’re taking my niece and her girlfriend and it’s her girlfriend’s first visit. I just can’t imagine having to do the social distancing etc on a first visit.

I also don’t want to wear a mask. I’m peri menopausal and really suffer with the humidity over there, the heat isn’t a factor just the fact that I’ve constantly got a red face full of sweat! Also wear glasses which I’ve heard steam up, so it’s like a perfect storm of dread when I think about a mask.

Don’t know where we stand with Virgin as our flights are a bit messy, but my partner and I have talked about pushing it to April. If it was just the 2 of us I’d be there like a shot for a few weeks in a villa as I think I could wear a mask in shops with air con, just not for hours in a hot park.

We had April cancelled and Oct was already booked so I’m trying to keep optimistic as it’s still 5 months away and we’ve only been in coronavirus mode for 2 months, so who knows 🤗
Old 15 May 20, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
stu1901
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We are also going on October 1st!
Old 15 May 20, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Hughseysar
VIP Dibber

We are going October 3rd , really hopeful it will happen.
Just waiting to hear from VA about our flight change to LHR as still all showing as LGW. Hope the new flight time is still nice and early 😊
Hughseysar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 20, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

We're booked for 3rd October. Realistically can't see it happening but not giving up just yet. I've already lost trips to Holland and Sicily.
Old 15 May 20, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Gull
Imagineer

We are booked 13th Oct, not sure it will happen but it’s still a while away. Have been playing around with dates to maybe rebook for Easter break, what a big price increase though !
Gull is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List