Notices

Old 30 Sep 20, 01:04 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by maidmarian View Post
The system is a failure, how can you support the government on something that has failed 😉
Every government has failed at something important even if they got other things right , by your logic we should mistrust all governments.
duchy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 03:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Every government has failed at something important even if they got other things right , by your logic we should mistrust all governments.
Youíre right, every government has failed at something, but some governments fail at most things.
Omega1 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I fail to see what the government have done right for most of the pandemic. Not shutting down early enough, the PPE debacle, the Dominic Cummings mess, the first track and trace attempt, the list is endless.
Old 30 Sep 20, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
To be honest. Iíve not seen any government in recent history who I would trust... I think itís healthy to mistrust a government rather than sleepwalk into complete compliance. As for covid, no government has got this right but equally when one puts oneself up as the harbinger of something such as the APP which may or may not function correctly, if one employed someone like Harding who failed to recognize that cases would rise due to schools returning, if one employs an advisor who disregards the rules and has his eyes tested by driving to a castle and then openly defend that , whilst telling others to do the opposite , then it is perfectly acceptable to mistrust said government.

This is not about one side versus another political side itís about, at the very least, looking as though you have a clue. Iím pretty sure that if Corbyn had got in the situation would have been the same or worse and no better... hence yes, people no longer trust politicians or governments and possibly no longer trust the opposition... thatís a sad fact of where those in power have left the general public.

The debate re trusting has come from the fact that it appears some think itís unacceptable to be critical of the current regime, unless itís certain individuals , that for me is unacceptable and actually dangerous if taken to the end result... But thatís a whole other debate on another sub section which I do not belong to

Edited at 08:26 AM.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
holidaysaver75
VIP Dibber

DH had a positive result on Monday. 2 hours later the app informed me to self-isolate. Yesterday, we had 3 phone calls from Track and Trace to go over the same things for each of our sons, so itís definitely working over here. However, there are anomalies on the dates weíve been told to isolate to as the app is instructing us to stay in isolation 2 days longer than guidelines suggest. I donít know if this is because DHís symptoms werenít classic COVID (sickness no cough) and so theyíve started us from the test date. DH rang and was told the later date (on the app) is the one we have to adhere to. Iím assuming thatís because itís also the electronic info given to LAs and police which can be used as the basis for fines.
holidaysaver75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
rudie111
Getting Excited

I think they should be aiming for more than 80% of positive results. Its the people who they have been in contact with I expect to slip through the net. Not the people who have had positive tests and provided correct contact details! You couldn't make it up

Edited at 10:55 AM.
rudie111 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
MickeyYay
slightly serious Dibber

The government are quick to criticise joe public at how the cases arenít dropping quick enough. Plenty of lectures how itís all our fault that we canít Ďbehaveí so new measures are constantly being brought it. Plenty of blame put our way that we arenít doing enough to Ďslow the spreadí. So yeah, I do expect them to stick to their part of the deal and get the very thing that can stop spread, working properly. Not at 80% but at a 100%. Fed up of all the restrictions piled on joe public when the government constantly get leewayís of error made for them.
MickeyYay is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
MickeyYay
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
To be honest. Iíve not seen any government in recent history who I would trust... I think itís healthy to mistrust a government rather than sleepwalk into complete compliance.

to
I agree entirely.
MickeyYay is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

waiting4disney's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
The couple of people i know recently who were positive were contacted next day by track and trace. Then their contacts were phoned. I thought it was beginning to work well.

I didn't see Panorama.