Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 19 Aug 20, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cherub85 View Post
I’ve been using Morrison’s for about 8!weeks now. I paid for the first two deliveries then got a free three month pass. I can get slots easily and they are usually on time. The other week I did have about 8 things that the use by date was for the following day so I filled in the online complaints form and the money was refunded a few days later. I’ve had very few substitutions, more often it’s just out of stock so not delivered! Quite often though it is hard to order all the things, frequently things like broccoli show as out of stock when ordering and I’ll often check a day later and it still says out of stock which is frustrating!
I think it’s strange the things that are out of stock online. I can’t ever remember a time when I’ve walked into a store and not been able to get a broccoli! 😊
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 20, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

It seems to vary by area , for me Tesco and ASDA are both good, never seem to need to substitute and are always timely. Sainsbury’s I won’t touch with a barge pole after two very poor experiences , the first was just bizarre , they tried to deliver five hours early without any contact and the delivery man was spotted by my neighbourIn the front garden peering into my front window And tapping on the window , twice ... (when we got to the bottom of it , it turned out he didn’t want to work late so had delivered to everyone early without warning, I was working that weekend ) , the next day they had to manually input my shopping again to redeliver , instead of five carrots, they entered 5 kg of carrots . Their CS stunk, no checking just instant response I must have entered the incorrect amount , it wasn’t until I insisted she looked at the original order rather than the replaced one that she refunded , no apology. I was a fan of Sainsbury’s but no more , my neighbours all appreciated free carrots though ! (It wasn’t the amount it was the attitude that got right up my nose, if you get a complaint check the facts before telling the customer it’s their error and always apologise even if you are only apologising for telling the customer it’s their mistake)
I don’t think though one or other supermarket is good or bad , it depends on the branch.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 20, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

just had our first ocado delivery in association with Marks and Spencer... resounding success... fresh food, long dates, all looks wonderful. I am absolutely delighted!

Simple pleasures...
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 20, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
It seems to vary by area , for me Tesco and ASDA are both good, never seem to need to substitute and are always timely. Sainsbury’s I won’t touch with a barge pole after two very poor experiences , the first was just bizarre , they tried to deliver five hours early without any contact and the delivery man was spotted by my neighbourIn the front garden peering into my front window And tapping on the window , twice ... (when we got to the bottom of it , it turned out he didn’t want to work late so had delivered to everyone early without warning, I was working that weekend ) , the next day they had to manually input my shopping again to redeliver , instead of five carrots, they entered 5 kg of carrots . Their CS stunk, no checking just instant response I must have entered the incorrect amount , it wasn’t until I insisted she looked at the original order rather than the replaced one that she refunded , no apology. I was a fan of Sainsbury’s but no more , my neighbours all appreciated free carrots though ! (It wasn’t the amount it was the attitude that got right up my nose, if you get a complaint check the facts before telling the customer it’s their error and always apologise even if you are only apologising for telling the customer it’s their mistake)
I don’t think though one or other supermarket is good or bad , it depends on the branch.
That is one very strange experience. You think they’d have realised there had been a mistake with the amount of carrots.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 20, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
When my Asda order finally arrived, the milk that I ordered (4 pints of semi skinned) had ended up being removed as the brand I selected wasn’t available. Probably a user error on my part as I’m 99.9 % sure they’d have had milk. Anyway- that was a pain as we are still quarantining. Plus other substitutions which had changed since the 10pm cut off (thankfully sensible ones) I for one, will be happy when I can return to the store.😀
I would definitely use Tesco again though- it just seemed a much more easier and efficient process.
I used to work for Asda and because of the way they were cutting costs they were using less wagons for milk deliverys which meant the store I worked in was the last drop and it was often 2 pm or later when the milk was delivered so we were always running out of milk.
As the shopping for home delivery is picked in the morning this had a big impact on availability.
Also if you’ve ordered something like Cravendale milk they don’t substitute with something cheaper subs are supposed to be more expensive so that could be another reason.
I left Asda over a year ago so things may have changed but that’s how it was when I worked there.