Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 17 Aug 20, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

So exciting and I’m very jealous at your spontaneity! Something similar happened to my youngest a couple of weeks ago. On Saturday 1st August at 9pm Isabel piped up “is it ok for me to go to France with Melissa on Tuesday?” I said of course you can if you like! So after getting their nails done (which is vital before a holiday! 😂 ) they were off. They were due to be away until Wednesday but came back on Tuesday after a week because they were concerned about looming quarantine. She was staying in her friends parents motor home and loved it. Even though it was boiling. 🥵

It comes to something when my 15 year old gets a holiday and we don’t! 😂

Anyway, enough about me ☺️ I’m following along. I’ve got to say we nearly booked to go to DLP too. I did all the research, but Isabel got to go to France before me!

Kat x
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 20, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Phew! What a whirlwind of activity this day was, with booking, packing and organising all on the same day 😁. Brilliant start, looking forward to reading the rest.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 05:39 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Great start! Looking forward to reading more!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Well I wasn’t expecting to find this to read this morning. Well done to you for getting booking and packed within 24 hours 😀 I’m considering our first DLP trip for next year so will be looking for tips. Intrigued that you enjoyed this trip more than the previous one with Kate, I think you could be right that it needs to not be compared to WDW but just enjoyed as something completely different
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Great start to the report - still cant believe how quickly you booked, packed and were off!

Diane
Nor can I I love the planning part of the trip and I would not call myself spontaneous at all, but it all worked out perfectly I'm starting to think we've not got much choice if we want to holiday in the foreseeable future, I think there will be a lot more last minute bookings, as booking things a long way out seems more stressful as the situation can change so quickly.

Originally Posted by tink111 View Post
Wow what a great start.. can’t wait to read the rest 😊
I'm aiming to post day 1 today, it's such fun looking at all the photos and writing it up

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
I'm so glad you got your Disney magic this year! It already sounds amazing. As you know we were meant to be there at the same time but we would have been coming home a day later... Glad I cancelled because of the quarantine but reading this I am already wandering when I can sneak in a few days! Thanks so so much for sharing the magic with us all
I'm sad you couldn't make it out there I know you did the right thing as quarantine, while doable for us for these last 2 weeks of the holiday, wouldn't have been easy and would have meant we had to rely on other people. Maybe go for a last minute booking when the borders reopen

Originally Posted by sameeel View Post
Yay a disney trippie

I’ve never ever read a DLP trippie, well because Orlando is our go, probably the same as many on here. We too should have been in Florida this summer ( for a month ) and yes, like many feel pretty disappointed 😞 but I keep thinking maybe, just maybe me and my son ( hubby not really into Disney) could possibly attempt DLP. We ended up in Greece ha ha

So,I’m intrigued to read, what already sounds like an amazing trip and possibly will encourage me to look more favourably on Paris for a quick ( much much needed ) Disney fix
A month oh that would have been awesome and makes our 22 days in Orlando look paltry. Our flight home would be landing today, but actually I'm not too sad, DLP was fab and it certainly helped to take away some of the WDW blues. If you're wanting someone to talk you out of going to DLP then you're asking the wrong person I'm afraid. I say go for it as soon as you can

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
So exciting and I’m very jealous at your spontaneity! Something similar happened to my youngest a couple of weeks ago. On Saturday 1st August at 9pm Isabel piped up “is it ok for me to go to France with Melissa on Tuesday?” I said of course you can if you like! So after getting their nails done (which is vital before a holiday! 😂 ) they were off. They were due to be away until Wednesday but came back on Tuesday after a week because they were concerned about looming quarantine. She was staying in her friends parents motor home and loved it. Even though it was boiling. 🥵

It comes to something when my 15 year old gets a holiday and we don’t! 😂

Anyway, enough about me ☺️ I’m following along. I’ve got to say we nearly booked to go to DLP too. I did all the research, but Isabel got to go to France before me!

Kat x
Well Isabel is right sorting out your nails before a holiday is a must do. Not. Even. Joking I did that Sunday evening after I'd faffed around trying to think of all the things I'd forgotten to pack. Phew I bet it was hot in the motor home, it was boiling out there.

At least one of you got a break, maybe your research will come in handy at some point

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Phew! What a whirlwind of activity this day was, with booking, packing and organising all on the same day 😁. Brilliant start, looking forward to reading the rest.
It was a whirlwind. I barely slept a wink that night as I kept expecting the government to announce overnight that travel to France was not permitted. I kept checking the BBC news updates and It was such a relief to board the Eurostar as that was the point when I felt confident that we wouldn't just have to turn around and come home with our tails between our legs

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Great start! Looking forward to reading more!
I was in two minds as to whether to savour writing it up and just post one day a week, but it turns out I'm too excited to wait, so I'll write the next day today. May take a little while to sort out the photos though, so maybe today or tomorrow to post day 1.

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Well I wasn’t expecting to find this to read this morning. Well done to you for getting booking and packed within 24 hours 😀 I’m considering our first DLP trip for next year so will be looking for tips. Intrigued that you enjoyed this trip more than the previous one with Kate, I think you could be right that it needs to not be compared to WDW but just enjoyed as something completely different
I still can't quite believe I would book a holiday for the next day how crazy is that? It really is odd and not like me at all.

I certainly did enjoy this trip more than last time. On our last trip many dibbers advised against making comparisons to WDW, but I just couldn't help myself. This time though I suppose I was more prepared to accept it for what it was and not try and force it into something it wasn't. Although, both Kate and myself agreed having a working ice machine in the corridor and a pool to chill out in during our afternoon break would have been great. So in those two respects WDW wins out, but that was where we stopped in making comparisons.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Lol... I say motor home but it is more like a Winnebago and has full bathroom and aircon. But the weather as you know was over 35 degrees!. ☀️😃😂 they were staying in those sites where they have swimming pools and restaurants. 5 star luxury. 👸🏻

Kat
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Lol... I say motor home but it is more like a Winnebago and has full bathroom and aircon. But the weather as you know was over 35 degrees!. ☀️😃😂 they were staying in those sites where they have swimming pools and restaurants. 5 star luxury. 👸🏻

Kat
Wow! We wished we could jump in a pool in the afternoon. It was so hot, most days I had 3 showers. Ha ha. We didn't quite have 5 star luxury. Still we had a good time.

Old 18 Aug 20, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm so glad you've started your trip report. I'm really looking forward to hearing all about your trip. I have a real soft spot for DLP as it is where we first got our love of the Disney parks.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by jothp View Post
I'm so glad you've started your trip report. I'm really looking forward to hearing all about your trip. I have a real soft spot for DLP as it is where we first got our love of the Disney parks.
I always enjoy looking through the photos after a trip and I was really keen to start writing it up straight away. We had such a great time, I'm glad that I realised how lovely DLP really is.