Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Nov 16, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaynew
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile Rain wear - what is best?

What would be better? A pac-a-mac each, a reusable poncho or several cheapo disposable ponchos? We will have a buggy so will be able to clip them to it or store them? We're going in April.
Cheers x
Old 24 Nov 16, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
philinmerthyr
Imagineer

You can pick up cheap ponchos in Walmart. From your countdown you'll be there in April which is much dryer than the hotter summer months.
Old 24 Nov 16, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaynew
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We won't be going to Walmart until week 2 as staying on site so if we buy cheap ponchos it will be before we go. But we all already have PAC a Macs which is why I was wondering if we should just take those.
Old 24 Nov 16, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

PAC a macs are to hot for Florida. Poundland usually sell disposable ponchos, get a couple each and you will be fine.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 16, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaynew
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sam7 View Post
PAC a macs are to hot for Florida. Poundland usually sell disposable ponchos, get a couple each and you will be fine.
Great thanks. I hadn't actually thought about how hot we would be in a Mac if it rains. Disposable ponchos it is.
Jaynew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 16, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
grinner82
Imagineer

grinner82's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 19
Guidebook Photos: 83
Guidebook Reviews: 10
They do sell them in the parks, and I am sure in Disney if it breaks or splits you just exchange for another one.

Its a much better to use these because as has been said it gets hot in something with sleeves!
Old 25 Nov 16, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Decent ponchos for us
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 16, 12:54 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

We just get wet. We go early May and the rain is warm. There's always plenty to see inside at the parks when a shower comes on.
We tried ponchos but in the hot weather we were as wet with perspiration inside the poncho as the rain outside
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 16, 01:33 AM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

We use umbrellas and if it's really heavy all day rain cheap disposable poncho and an umbrella.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 16, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Mobile

we used cheap ponchos that I bought off amazon before we went which worked. I had to buy a baseball cap tho to keep the rain off my face. But if I had a buggy to store things under I would have taken umbrellas. That said I'd take cheap ponchos as well just in case lightening is forecast when you are between indoor activities.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread