Notices

Old 7 Oct 15, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
akhurstf1
VIP Dibber

We're Going Back ! Day 5 - Animal Kingdom & Epcot

Day 5

Animal Kingdom and Epcot

Ok first things first let me apologise that this has taken so long to write, and to think I wanted this finished by November, not sure that will happen.
Anyway with our extra fastpasses we were looking forward to animal kingdom this morning especially as we had booked our normal three for Epcot in the afternoon,
We got up about 6 it was colder today then it had been and I was wishing that I had put leggings on as we made our way to IHOP for breakfast. Ben had 2x2x2 and I had the crepe combo with scrambled egg and bacon with cream cheese. Both were very nice.

After going back to the hotel we got the 8.05 to Epcot and then from Epcot to Animal Kingdom first thing we did was head to the safari which was a walk on.

Im sure you there are more that I can add but you get the picture. we then headed over to see safari Mickey and Minnie only a 10 minute wait might have been about 15 but still not bad. The rapids had gone down so we went over to Dino USA. This area feels kind of in need a refresh, it felt like a fair ground we did see Pluto and Goofy wandering round while we had a sit down though. We then went round to the rapids and got soaked, it was brilliant. I think these rides are about the people in the boats with you and not just the rides. we then went round to the trail to dry off and took more animal pictures.

By this time it was time to leave for the day and so headed over to Epcot via Pop Century so we could have a look round. Once we arrived at Epcot we were very glad for the fastpasses as it was so busy. We had a wander round innovations although we didn't see much that interested us i think its an area more for those with children so they can have a run around. By this time we were getting hungry so decided to grab a snack. After this we headed for our spaceship earth fastpass. I do enjoy this ride.

We then headed to a must do at Epcot, Club Cool we had a few different things and of course tried beverly of course, its not nice although the look on Ben's face when he tried it was funny, wish i’d got a picture.

It was then time for test track we went on twice with ben designing the first car and me the second. We both love this ride its so much fun I'm not sure which bit is my favourite im tempted to say all of it though.

We were going to head onto Soarin but I’m not a fan of Heights and flying and while i was going to go through with it ben thought i looked a bit to pale and he was worried so we got off.we decided to then have a wander around the food and wine festival building there were a few things in there that might have been interested but we were getting hungry at this point so decided to find something to eat, we were going to look around the food and wine festival but the marathon was on so the world showcase was packed and so we couldn't get down there leaving only a few places to chooses from we eventually decided on the electric umbrella we both had chicken and fries which cost about $26ish, it was fine generic food that filled us up.

We had originally decided to stay for illuminations but we still had a few hours to go and as it was very busy decided to give it a miss. We were back at the hotel by 6.30 and decided to watch TV and have an early night.
akhurstf1 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 15, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
curry1402
VIP Dibber

Seems a nice chilled day

2005 Emerald Island Resort
2010 Regal Sun Resort
2013 Port Orleans Riverside & HRH
2014 Old Key West & RPR
2016 Old Key West & HRH
2018 Old Key West & RPR
curry1402 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List