Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 21 Aug 18, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Hollyhobbit
Excited about Disney

Fab, really enjoyed reading your mini trip report. I love DLP and as well as staying on site we have visited a few times during our camping holidays in France. Did you like the camp site ? It is one I have looked at several times but not stayed at yet. We also go to Holland camping and would recommend Duinrell as a good visit , on site theme park, lovely area and close to Amsterdam, Rotterdam and plenty of places to visit.
Hollyhobbit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 18, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hollyhobbit View Post
Fab, really enjoyed reading your mini trip report. I love DLP and as well as staying on site we have visited a few times during our camping holidays in France. Did you like the camp site ? It is one I have looked at several times but not stayed at yet. We also go to Holland camping and would recommend Duinrell as a good visit , on site theme park, lovely area and close to Amsterdam, Rotterdam and plenty of places to visit.
The site was nice. It's small which we liked as we'd spent a week at a big busy one the week before so it was relaxing change. There's a bar, a takeaway open 6-9pm, an outdoor pool with a slide, 2 little parks, a large garden trampoline, another trampoline with punch bags & football pitch/basketball park. All the play stuff is free of charge. We used canvas & the reps were lovely, accommodation was a typical 2 bed van. There's a big cat park 10mins away that's worth a visit but nothing in the local village. If you do ever go I'd recommend taking everything you need with you food wise as there's no shop onsite & limited nearby. They do sell baguettes & pastries though you order the day before & crisps & chocolate at reception. There's Wi-Fi at the bar & pool, €1 for the duration of your stay.

It's a good cheap base for Disney and Paris, we'll more than likely go back. We didn't go to Paris from there as we went the week before but the drive to Disney was very quick & simple. We paid just over £300 per family for a 2 bed van each which was less than we were quoted for 1 night at Sante Fe.

Thanks that's the one we're looking at! We nearly booked it last year but decided it'd be better when James was a little older so 2020 should work well. I really want to visit grindlewald in Switzerland too so need to get on route planner & see what's possible. We always enjoy our camping trips.

We've always loved our onsite stays at DLP but now breakfast isn't included & EMH halved aswell as the kids being older I think we're done with it. Excited for future visits though :-D

The more basic park. There was a climbing thing there too & the building by the swings has table tennis in it

I don't seem to have any other photos sorry, they must be on DHs phone.

Another note to add if you do decide to book is the other company onsite is kokoholidays. They seemed to be the same as canvas for visitors from the Netherlands. Worth pricing it with them too.

Edited at 09:53 PM.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 18, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post

Great report! It shows what you can get done if you have a plan and use fastpass well!

If you like theme parks check out Efteling in Holland (if you haven't already) if you end up there on your holidays - its a fab place.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 18, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Stubbs86 View Post
Great report! It shows what you can get done if you have a plan and use fastpass well!

If you like theme parks check out Efteling in Holland (if you haven't already) if you end up there on your holidays - its a fab place.
Thanks, yes definitely! So much more than we had thought.

I'll take a look thanks, we like holidays to be a minute of both parks & relaxing so Holland is looking good.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 18, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

Wow! Really impressed by how much you managed to do. We are off to DLP next spring and I'm hoping to be as successful with the FPs as you were. After two tightly planned Orlando trips, I think it will be quite nice to have a change of pace and approach.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 18, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

I just can't believe how much you got done in a day! I am so impressed. You don't hire yourself out do you? One of DD 's friends went for the day a couple of years ago. I think they were staying on the same campsite you stayed on, but they didn't have a day like yours. I tried to warn them that they would need a plan but they did no research at all, except looking at opening times. They turned up just before the park opened, had to queue to get tickets, wandered around for two hours without going on any rides, and then left! I will have to show her your report just to prove it can be done!

Have you recovered yet?
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 18, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Animagus View Post
Wow! Really impressed by how much you managed to do. We are off to DLP next spring and I'm hoping to be as successful with the FPs as you were. After two tightly planned Orlando trips, I think it will be quite nice to have a change of pace and approach.
It's much more relaxing & I love how close together everything is. Have a great time x
Old 24 Aug 18, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Originally Posted by clochette View Post
I just can't believe how much you got done in a day! I am so impressed. You don't hire yourself out do you? One of DD 's friends went for the day a couple of years ago. I think they were staying on the same campsite you stayed on, but they didn't have a day like yours. I tried to warn them that they would need a plan but they did no research at all, except looking at opening times. They turned up just before the park opened, had to queue to get tickets, wandered around for two hours without going on any rides, and then left! I will have to show her your report just to prove it can be done!

Have you recovered yet?
We had a very relaxing day after just lazing by the pool & making the most of the campsites bar and takeaway! Spent another week in France, 2 nights in London on way home & have now driven 6hrs to Scotland to drop kids off with parents for rest of hols. No rest for the wicked haha.

It definitely helped that we knew our way around but also we are familiar with the rides. My top tips for a day trip would be...

Always buy gate ready tickets in advance.
Be at the park entrance just under an hour before advertised opening.
Dumbo & Peter Pan 1st thing
Find a shady spot for the parade 30mins before it starts for a good view
be in the hub for Illuminations 45mins before.
Save things like tree house & play parks for peak time in the afternoon
Download the app & take a power bank
Make yourself familiar with fastpasses & which rides have them.
If you haven't been before study a map before you go so you don't aimlessly wonder
Take a refillable bottle. Seriously saved us a fortune!

If anybody wants to pay for me to go with them just shout ;-)

Edited at 09:48 AM.
Old 25 Aug 18, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

Fab mini trip report. It seems fast pass system changed so will check it out. Always magical watching kiddies see the castle for 1st time.
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 18, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
DevonPumpkin
Earning More Ears

I'm so impressed by how much you managed to pack into one day! And here I was worrying we wouldn't get everything done in 5 Some great tips too, thank you!
DevonPumpkin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List