Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Oct 19, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile Scam/nuisance phone calls

It’s just after 12.30 and so far we’ve had 8 scam/nuisance phone calls 6 on the house phone and 2 on my mobile.
3 have been recorded messages from someone claiming to be about my Amazon Prime account informing me its going to renew and the money is coming out of my bank account and to press 1 to speak to a manager if I want to cancel, I don’t have an Amazon Prime account.
3 calls from different numbers who all just hung up when we answered
Then 1 on my mobile about the car crash which wasn’t my fault.
Haven’t had an accident
Just had a second call on my mobile and they’ve just hung up.
All I seem to have done today is block numbers
Old 28 Oct 19, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkspideruk
Imagineer

pinkspideruk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I have found recently a huge amount of "mobile" numbers contacting me about accident or various other things. I never normally answer any numbers i dont know on principal i then google them and block! However, I got annoyed with one number who kept calling me in work so I did answer and demanded i get put through to their manager and gdpr compliance team. they hung up pretty quickly and I havent had a call form them (on that number at least) since

Sep 01 - Sep 20 Universal Endless Summer Surfside
pinkspideruk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

We have a BT call block phone. You put in numbers that are allowed to come straight through and anyone else they have to announce their name and then you choose whether to accept or ignore.

We now live in blissful peace from nuisance calls

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

The Amazon Prime one is doing the rounds at present, I had it yesterday and DH has just had it on his mobile.
Its all part of life nowadays, I get more pee'd off about ones to my mobile as NO one has my mobile but those I want to contact me & they are few a far between so where the bloody hell do they get the numbers or do they just get a computer to spew out numbers at random for them to call! I am not a person who swears very much but I am amazed how much I can swear on the phone nowadays to people who I dont know!
Old 28 Oct 19, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

I tell the accident people that I died and to contact my undertaker , that usually shuts them up
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
ellie666
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
I tell the accident people that I died and to contact my undertaker , that usually shuts them up
i usually inform that i had a little accident in the bed and what can they do to help dry me up !
Orlando (No Disney apart from MNSSHP) - 2022
Disneyland Mars (Green Lagoon) - 2038
ellie666 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

I did start saying that I didn't have a car so how could I have had an accident? (I actually do have a car). This was after trying the following :

1. Me : "I work for MI5 and your call is being recorded" - he laughed and then hung up quickly!
2. Me : "I'm so sorry about the accident, I didn't mean to kill the little old lady but she was just moving so slowly!" Scammer : "That's a terrible thing to say, you shouldn't joke about people dying!" Me : "No, what's terrible is you cold calling me to try and scam me out of money!" She hung up.

However, now I'm going to try the death one, that is hilarious!

Edited at 02:53 PM.
Silvercat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

My husband said 'Yes it ended in his fatality and he turned into a zombie'
the operator said 'that's impossible'

We had a 3am wake up from a withheld a couple of nights ago, we weren't pleased.

I have started answering the call and not speaking for a minute usually to answer in response and then I hang up.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

We moved house 6 months ago and only my SIL has the number, so now unless its her I don't bother answering the phone
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

I had one purporting to be a bank saying if I didn't contact them immediately I would be arrested within the hour! It was on my mobile this morning, have only ever had one bank in my life and not that one!

Edited at 05:00 PM.
greekgranny is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List