Old 18 Jan 20, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Procrastinator View Post
Yes. Universal orlando app. Then open the menu and go to wallet. And add tickets or passes.

We had it on the app but took printouts as well. Both worked fine.
Great - will get it downloaded! Thanks again 😊
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

also bring a couple of printouts of the print at home tickets, just in case

the app is a good toy (and I say toy instead of tool for a reason)

you talked about problems at the gate scanning the printed tickets ... well, let me share a little secret ... we're passholders, and we approach the 'turnstiles', we look closely at the people in line, and choose the line where there are the fewer number of guests with paper tickets in hand ... that's how terrible those tickets are ... not just because they're printed, but because they have been folded multiple times, gotten soggy from rides, or even guests moist hands, and otherwise abused in so many ways ...

use the APP, but be advised you can be required to present a photo ID, so if you can have a picture of your bio page (passport) on your phone (beware of cloulds uploading that pictures automatically, you don't want that in "public internet space") or do a color copy of you passport and laminate it. Many here do that for disney too (some to order drinks)
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
also bring a couple of printouts of the print at home tickets, just in case

the app is a good toy (and I say toy instead of tool for a reason)

you talked about problems at the gate scanning the printed tickets ... well, let me share a little secret ... we're passholders, and we approach the 'turnstiles', we look closely at the people in line, and choose the line where there are the fewer number of guests with paper tickets in hand ... that's how terrible those tickets are ... not just because they're printed, but because they have been folded multiple times, gotten soggy from rides, or even guests moist hands, and otherwise abused in so many ways ...

use the APP, but be advised you can be required to present a photo ID, so if you can have a picture of your bio page (passport) on your phone (beware of cloulds uploading that pictures automatically, you don't want that in "public internet space") or do a color copy of you passport and laminate it. Many here do that for disney too (some to order drinks)
Thanks for the tips! I would upgrade to proper tickets but it’s an extra £200+ that I can’t really justify. I’ll just keep my fingers crossed that we don’t have too many issues.
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Yes just download the app and scan the tickets in- they are all on the app and work fine- don't worry- you will see them on the app. I think the other thread was scaremongering to be honest- hundreds of thousands of people now get the eticket and put it on the app with no issues whatsoever.
Old 19 Jan 20, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Yes just download the app and scan the tickets in- they are all on the app and work fine- don't worry- you will see them on the app. I think the other thread was scaremongering to be honest- hundreds of thousands of people now get the eticket and put it on the app with no issues whatsoever.
Thanks - that’s good to hear! I’m sure we’ll be fine 😊
Old 20 Jan 20, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
hundreds of thousands of people now get the eticket and put it on the app with no issues whatsoever.
and, fun fact, over 6.000 phones are found annually in disney parks alone (don't have the numbers for uni) ... let's just hope those guests have a backup paper ticket if they intend on visiting universal and only have linked their tickets to the uni app

it's not a case of trying to scare people, but just give tips, that take 10 seconds, and are inexpensive, like advising to print backup tickets, like advising to take a picture of the back of physical disney tickets, even though linked to MDX, taking a picture of your ID documents and mail them to yourself, printing your ESTA, even though you're not required to

takes seconds, and can save time
May be useless to 99% of the Dibbers on here, but the 1 remaining percent will probably be glad they read the tips, rather than blanket "most perfect place on earth, nothing ever goes wrong, don't worry" statements

at least that's my take on this. Giving tips some may never need is, as far as I'm concerned, better than keeping them for myself. (and judging from many threads on the DIBB, quite a few people go by "I wish I had known" ...

you may think differently of course.

Edited at 11:15 AM.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
El Duderino
Gone all Goofy

We used the hopper tickets last year as we knew we wouldn't manage more than 2 days so saved a little on the 14 day tickets. Its worth it if you know you won't go more.

The paper print out tickets worked well but as others have said watch out for the water rides. I went on Popeye with our paper tickets in my shorts pockets and spent the next 20 minutes separating and trying to dry them off enough in the sun . Then when we went to the gates again having to ask the staff to be gentle with my now fragile tickets.
El Duderino is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List