Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Closed Thread

Old 17 Jan 10, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
I think you are all mad - just about everything you buy is available here and usually for very little difference in price.

I am also seriously worried - every time I see these threads on the Dibb, about what a sickly lot all the tourists to Florida must be?

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 10, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
ameliaUK
Imagineer

I stock up on painkillers and Ranitidine... always buy these great little eyebrow shapers ..0nly 99 cents for 5 in walgreens and great when no time to pluck!

Jan 2008 Fairfield inn LBV,2009 and 2010 villa at highgate park..October 2014 Florida road trip,October 2016 villa in highgate ...Jan 2018 New York ,Vegas,New orleans
ameliaUK is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 10, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post

I always but the big tubs of ibuprofen. so much cheaper
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 10, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Originally Posted by Jay.crouch View Post
Whats the best thing for mouth ulcers guys?
Adcortyl - a tiny tube you can buy here. Coats the ulcer with a sort of gritty paste that protects it whilst it heals and you don't feel the soreness when you eat/drink as it has a 'cover' over it.

As far as I know - there is nothing better than this to be found in the US?

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 10, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
cloud
Imagineer

cloud's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
My dh swears that his migraine is cured better with Tylenol than anything he can buy over here!

Seattle December 2022
cloud is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 10, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sue View Post
I think you are all mad - just about everything you buy is available here and usually for very little difference in price.

I am also seriously worried - every time I see these threads on the Dibb, about what a sickly lot all the tourists to Florida must be?
You might be right, but I have a curious fascination with the first aid aisles in Walgreens, CVS etc and I find it very relaxing to wander and browse. I'm the same with skincare and cosmetics !

I'm relieved to learn from this thread that I am not alone !

Linda
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 10, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
My dh swears that his migraine is cured better with Tylenol than anything he can buy over here!
But it's only paracetamol - called acetiminophen over there. Exactly the same. Unless he goes for the different types - which vary between having codeine, caffeine, aspirin or ibuprofen in. All available here.

I wonder about the placebo effect?

Old 17 Jan 10, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
sunsetlakes
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I work in a pharmacy over here, but still find it cheaper in the US to buy my ibuprofen, plus you can buy in larger quantities. I agree with Sue, many of the branded pills are exactly the same as over here. I always buy Melatonin as you can't buy that here! Plasters, especially childrens ones - they have much better designs on them. Walmart usually do a great first aid kit which is really well stocked for $9-$10 so one of those comes back with us too
sunsetlakes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 10, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

We got the Wal MArt first aid kit for $10 last year. It is brilliant. Loads of plasters, an emergency light strip, a surgical mask, a survival wrap (to prevent heat loss) a cold compress thingy and various drugs. and ointments I just had to have one
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 10, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post

is ther a certain limit to what u can bring back?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread