Notices

Old 5 Aug 11, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Walle View Post
This has been one very funny trippie! Its great and helps make the train journey in the morning go quicker! I've laughed so much at how you both manage to "adopt" children.

Keep them coming can't wait for the next report.
Hiya Thanks very much! I'm glad I can help make the journey go a bit quicker for you. We really do seem to adopt various children quite easily, its a talent I think!

Originally Posted by ssmh8 View Post
Really enjoying you trippie, detail is amazing & love your sense of humour :pop:
Aww thank you, glad to hear you are enjoying it. I'm working hard on cutting down the next few days, keeping the detail but just a bit shorter. Failing badly at the mo.
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 11, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Come on now, what's with the delay ? Anyone would think you had a life outside the Dibb

xxx
Old 10 Aug 11, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
corbennic
Excited about Disney

This is the first trip report I have ever read where I have actually cried with laughter (at the bit with the spacehopper cowboy). Thank you!
corbennic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 11, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill635 View Post
Come on now, what's with the delay ? Anyone would think you had a life outside the Dibb

xxx
I'm so sorry about the delay - was hoping no one would notice I've just been sooo busy as I've taken on a nutrition course of all things (I know, I know looking at what I packed away in Orlando! ) and its kept me super busy studying but I've nearly done the next day and will have it up this weekend I promise - not tomorrow though as its my Birthday! xxx

Originally Posted by corbennic View Post
This is the first trip report I have ever read where I have actually cried with laughter (at the bit with the spacehopper cowboy). Thank you!
Aww thank you, so glad you are enjoying it and finding our crazy world is givig you a good old giggle. Hope you enjoy the rest.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 11, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Well done on the nutrition course, I do keep meaning to ask you which diet you followed before the wedding as you did really well and I could use all the help I can get!

Happy Birthday too, have a fab day xxx
Old 13 Aug 11, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
happy birthday

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 11, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill635 View Post
Well done on the nutrition course, I do keep meaning to ask you which diet you followed before the wedding as you did really well and I could use all the help I can get!

Happy Birthday too, have a fab day xxx
Thank you!

In terms of diet I cut my carbs right back and just ate healthy foods, staying away from all the crappy foods and wherever possible processed foods and I exercised a lot. I've actually now overhauled my diet and try to only eat whole foods and brown versions of stuff - bread, rice, pasta, cereals - and I also eat organic but I know thats not practical for everyone. Best advice i can give is to:

1. get yourself on something like My Fitness Pal or My net diary (I'm on the latter) and work out your calories. It will work out for you your base rate calories - i.e. the amount you burn in your day to day life before exercise, and then it will work out how many calories you should be eating to lose X amount per week. As a general rule of thumb I'd say go for 500-800 deficit on base rate depending on how much they want to lose, no more than that as you'll cause yourself to go into sarvation mode and look at cals over the course of the week not just day to day.

2. Exercise, exercise, excercise! Do a mix of cardio and weights training. I'm actually part of a gym now but for the vast majority of the time I worked out at home using exercise DVDs. It depends on how much you want to lose but your exercise will help you get to your cal deficit.

3. Eat good, whole foods and stay away from white foods such as white bread, pasta, rice and white cereals, sweets, crisps and when possible booze! Always look at your calories and make good choices. Eat a good healthy brekki, a good lunch, a snack (like almonds) and then for your evening meal lower the carbs (sweet potato and new potatoes are good alternatives to white potatoes).

Really thats it.

Basically no matter what diet you choose to do, the bottom line is you need to be eating less calories than you burn but not too low that you cause your body to stall and you will lose weightover time.

Oh and keep an eye on your inches, measure boobs, waist (above belly button) hips (at widest part), arms (at top) and thighs as this is a great indication on weight loss more so than scales.

Hope that has helped a bit!

Originally Posted by vanlou View Post
happy birthday
Awww thank you so much! It was a lovely day. xxx
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
Old 14 Aug 11, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Chapter 10 up - IoA, Wizarding World of Harry Potter, the storm and Golden Corral.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
Old 15 Aug 11, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Originally Posted by alkel2730 View Post
Thank you!

In terms of diet I cut my carbs right back and just ate healthy foods, staying away from all the crappy foods and wherever possible processed foods and I exercised a lot. I've actually now overhauled my diet and try to only eat whole foods and brown versions of stuff - bread, rice, pasta, cereals - and I also eat organic but I know thats not practical for everyone. Best advice i can give is to:

1. get yourself on something like My Fitness Pal or My net diary (I'm on the latter) and work out your calories. It will work out for you your base rate calories - i.e. the amount you burn in your day to day life before exercise, and then it will work out how many calories you should be eating to lose X amount per week. As a general rule of thumb I'd say go for 500-800 deficit on base rate depending on how much they want to lose, no more than that as you'll cause yourself to go into sarvation mode and look at cals over the course of the week not just day to day.

2. Exercise, exercise, excercise! Do a mix of cardio and weights training. I'm actually part of a gym now but for the vast majority of the time I worked out at home using exercise DVDs. It depends on how much you want to lose but your exercise will help you get to your cal deficit.

3. Eat good, whole foods and stay away from white foods such as white bread, pasta, rice and white cereals, sweets, crisps and when possible booze! Always look at your calories and make good choices. Eat a good healthy brekki, a good lunch, a snack (like almonds) and then for your evening meal lower the carbs (sweet potato and new potatoes are good alternatives to white potatoes).

Really thats it.

Basically no matter what diet you choose to do, the bottom line is you need to be eating less calories than you burn but not too low that you cause your body to stall and you will lose weightover time.

Oh and keep an eye on your inches, measure boobs, waist (above belly button) hips (at widest part), arms (at top) and thighs as this is a great indication on weight loss more so than scales.

Hope that has helped a bit!

Awww thank you so much! It was a lovely day. xxx

Thank you so much for all the help and advice, I shall get onto my net diary now and start having a mooch round. I'm at V this weekend, so itll be starting Monday.

Now, I'm off to read the rest of this excellent trippie!

Thanks again

xxx
Old 15 Aug 11, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Emi
Imagineer

Emi's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 11
Well I stayed up til 2am last night reading these from start to finish... but it was totally worth it. You've given me some great ideas for my own trippie and you're currently my weight loss idol.

I've lost 5 stone myself and the moment you described at the pool when you were finally happy with yourself brought tears to my eyes. I really hope I have moments like that when I get to target.
Emi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List