Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Mar 13, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Belle
Imagineer

I seem to have an obsession with buying corn on the cob spiky handle things!

DLP New Year 1993, May 05, Mar 07, Jan17 and Sept 22
Orlando 1986, 1991, 1994, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017 & 2023
Big Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 13, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post

We have also brought back loads of odd things hubby before he retired used to even buy flat knifes and tools from Lowes for his drywall finishing business and bring them back.

Now we take loads of odd things for the villa just like we bring some odd stuff back this way. Last time we took a new teapot, egg cups, melamine mugs for using on the deck window cleaning thingy and anything else we think is good to take out that we haven't seen there.

We always make up a parcel of scottish foods stuffs to take out to the family. Oatcakes, shortbread, tablet, toffee and all their favourites. Our nieces get just as excitied with that as the family do with the american stuff we bring back here.

Alison
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 13, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
tylergeorgia
Apprentice Imagineer

ive come home with:-
a door mat, tea towels, oven gloves, wrapping paper, cup cake bags, birthday tissue paper, stationary, cups, kids beakers, cake mixes, spices, pictures, tortilla warmer the list is endless.
DH has come back with racing boots, motorbike helmet, discs for grinder and all other car parts
Old 12 Mar 13, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post

I have over the years bought all sorts of things back, including a Webber Kettle barbecue back in the early 90's, we were on standby and so the box did not make it so DH had to return to Gatwick to collect it the next day. Gosh those were the days 2/3 checked baggage allowance.

We bring tin foil the non stick type seems to last for ages, tea towels and last year a kingsize comforter set.

I also like the perspex chopping boards in Bed, Bath and Beyond, I have them at the villa and they are great.

Lots of little gadgets and things toothpaste squeezy, potato scrubber, large saute pan with glass lid, (that was fun packing) and electronic kitchen scales.

Rotonda Girl
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 13, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Toryn
Imagineer

I thought or should I say my husband thought I was the only strange one that brings back shower curtains fridge magnets the best one is tubes and tubes of cinnamon burst toothpaste because my son HATES mint My other big thing is pumpkin and winter smelling candles You can't get those smells here and when I light them it reminds me of being there
Toryn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 13, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
tink_magic
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
I have brought Rosie O Grady Church St Station cocktail glasses with the garters, souvenier glass from Cinderella table with chocolate sweet, seaworld glasses, disney mugs. Loads of Christmas tree decorations, and still bring at least one back each time and will not come home without an Eeyore for my collection. Brough nice bath mat set home one time. Loads of ornaments the first few visits, T shirts etc
DD brought head torches for work, cordless tools.

Florida is the place to be
Visited in Jan 93 , Sept 93 , Apr 96 , May 97 , Oct 97 , Oct 98 , Aug 99 , Dec 00 , Dec 03 , Dec 04 , Dec 06 , Dec 07 , Dec 08 , Oct 11 ,
tink_magic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 13, 12:56 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Where do I start, I could be here all night LOl.

A "special edition" tin filled with powerball dishwasher tabs which I still refill.

8 packs of jewellery making pliers for DSis. Average of $7 each in Walmart, Michaels and Joanns compared to £14.99 in Hobbycraft here.

One of those plastic tumblers with a built-in drinking straw coiled round the outside and decorated with Christmas Mickeys. Cocktail swizzle sticks topped with a pink flamingo. Small butter spreader knife with a red lobster for a handle. Bumper bags of multi colour rubber bands. Sewing patterns for tote bags, patchwork quilts and soft toys.

Shoe insoles, $6 reading glasses in jazzy colours. Musical and/or flashing birthday and Christmas cards. Years ago I brought back a pack of 3 small cacti from Walmart, luckily they were sold packed in a small plastic "greenhouse". One still survives and flowers every summer.

Craft glue. Multi colour laces for my trainers (yes, I am 57 !).

Last year I found a metal Halloween skeleton in Joann's for $5 but it was too big for my suitcase and I just couldn't work out how to get it home. It would have been perfect for trick or treating.

Martha Stewart flat packed cardboard cupcake boxes decorated for Christmas

Christmas door mat. Kids' plastic place mats and matching plastic bowls from Disney for Eric the moggy. Metal candle wick trimmers and candle snuffer in Walmart, much cheaper than Yankee.

Pack of 60 Duracell AA batteries for $9.99 (they weighed a ton but a real good bargain). Multicoloured silicon egg whisk and matching stirring spoons. They are so pretty that I've got them on display, I don't use them !

A Miami Marlins baseball team wall clock for my craft room/office, just because it matches the curtains ! A tiny battery-operated vacuum cleaner to suck up the stuff that collects in between computer keyboard keys.

packs of "sprinkles" for cupcakes in Christmas shapes - blue and white snowflakes, gold stars, silver glitter, green Christmas trees. Aerosol cans of squirty cake icing in diff colours for a couple of $$.

"Bags for Life" shopping bags with the stores names/logos on them, reminds me every time I use them in Tesco's.

The ball point pen and little notepad from my hotel room bedside table (technically theft OMG). Fun woolly jumpers and scarves for my nieces' little dogs.

Luckily I fly premium economy and have 2 x 23kg baggage allowance ! takes me ages to unpack my cases and find somewhere to store all this stuff when I get home.

Linda xx
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 13, 01:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Darwen Bird
Imagineer

I ALWAYS bring back bath towels from Walmart; they are so cheap and excellent quality. We love trailing round Walmart and Target looking at household goods and invariably small bits of kitchen equipment make it into our suitcases home.

This year I'm hoping to get that king size comforter set I keep promising myself
Darwen Bird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 13, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
nordictat2girl
Imagineer

I'm guilty of this. I have brought back tea towles, Veggie peeler (By Kitchen Aid..), non-slip shower mats, bathroom rugs, cat treats, beer bucket etc...I go crazy once I step foot in Home Goods lol.
West Coast road trip 2018 (CO,CA,MT,ID,WA,OR,NV,UT) Yellowstone/Yosemite
Alabama, Florida & New Orleans - May 19
nordictat2girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 13, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
pudge
Imagineer

pudge's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Always take back a tea towel and have also bought disney coasters and beakers
[/B][COLOR="Magenta"]2006 Crescent Lakes/New Port Richey, 2008 Highlands Reserve, 2010 Cumbrian Lakes (freebie) & Rolling Hills, 2012 Highlands Reserve, 2014 Bridgewater Crossing, 2015 Rolling Hills/HRH, 2016 Dibb villa Highlands Reserve/HRH & Vegas, 2017 Rolling Hills, Xmas 2018 Rolling Hills & RPR, 2019 Highlands Reserve, 2020 Highlands Reserve canx 2021 Emerald isle fingers crossed
pudge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread