Notices

Old 24 Apr 13, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Trip Report June 1st- 22nd 2013

Pre Trip Report

This is going to be my 6th visit in last 9 years. When we booked, we had over 300 days to go. I will be going in 37 days (woohoo) for 3 weeks. I'm going with my mam (username- gettingthere) and dad. We'll be staying in Windsor Hills for most of the trip, but will also be spending two nights in Art of Animation. I have stayed onsite twice before (four nights overall in The Dolphin) but this is our first time we'll be staying in a Disney hotel. Yippee!

We stayed in Windsor Hills for the first time last time we went (2 years ago). We usually stay on International Drive, but decided that we would rent a villa since my dad would be hiring a car anyway. My dad got stopped in Dublin airport and refused entry which obviously ruined our holiday. He only got over 3 days before we left. Staying in Windsor Hills turned out to be a disaster as it cost us a fortune in taxis because none of us could drive. (My sister was with us, who could drive but had left her driver's license in Dublin)

My dad has a visa and guaranteed entry into the country this time around :

Because our last trip was both a disaster and so long ago, I am looking forward to this more than any other... and I intend to enjoy this one

As well as staying in the Dolphin and Windsor Hills before, we have also stayed in Floridays on the previous trip and Homewood Suites everytime before that.
We will be staying in the Mermaid section of Art of Animation.

I have been talking to a woman named Audrey (username carberry on here) for about a year now who I know from another Orlando forum. By coincidence, she is going to be on the same flight as us and also staying in Windsor Hills (a two min walk from our condo) with her husband Neil and 15 (I think?) year old daughter Kaylin. So, if any of them get a mention, that's who I'm talking about!
We have spent most of the time we've known each other arguing over who Donald Duck likes more, so there is a small chance one of us will gauge the others eyes out if we see too much of each other over this trip (and if we end up together in the same place as Donald, we may end up having a bitch fight over him!)

We plan on doing all four main Disney parks, Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, SeaWorld, Busch Gardens, Aquatica and a day in Discovery Cove. We have been to all these parks before although we have only spent a morning in Animal Kingdom. Last time we were there, it was the hottest day we have ever experienced there. We could hardly stand it and my boyfriend at the time was a few stone overweight, so he was especially feeling it so we decided to go back to our apartment. So I'm hoping to get to do more of AK. I'm really looking forward to seeing the Finding Nemo show, because I've never seen it.

It was my mam's 50th birthday in January, so as her present, I booked the Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage. This is the first time we've done any of the special activities (other than character meals) at Disney World.
We have booked Crystal Palace, Tusker House and Ohanas for character meals. However, we might be cancelling Ohanas as we don't really like the look of the food. We have been to Crystal Palace twice and have never done any of the other character meals.

We have everything paid for so it's just a case of saving spending money now. It's my birthday today and I got $180 as presents, so i'm started on that now

I'm going to post my whole trip report on this thread. Don't be surprised it gettingthere hijacks this page!

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 13, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Carberry
Getting Excited

I enjoyed reading that, Aisling. And I can guarantee I will be the victor in the fight for Donald, as I am older and you shall respect your elders I will look forward to your TR as you are staying longer and doing a few different parks to us. See you in Dublin Airport
WINDSOR HILLS 2015 CALABRIA "WISHES VILLA" 2019
ROSEN INN/ROSEN LBV/ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT 2023
Carberry is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 13, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
gettingthere
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Carberry View Post
I enjoyed reading that, Aisling. And I can guarantee I will be the victor in the fight for Donald, as I am older and you shall respect your elders I will look forward to your TR as you are staying longer and doing a few different parks to us. See you in Dublin Airport
I am older audrey so maybe i get donald...
I never did pre trip report ,i cant figure out how to load photos on here.
We lso have TEXAS DE BRAZIL booked,for fathers day,was supposed to be KOBE.
Old 27 Apr 13, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by gettingthere View Post
I am older audrey so maybe i get donald...
I never did pre trip report ,i cant figure out how to load photos on here.
We lso have TEXAS DE BRAZIL booked,for fathers day,was supposed to be KOBE.
You don't even like Donald that much... Pffft... You can have Tink...

Edited at 10:29 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 13, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Looking forward to this, not long for you guys now

Carberry, I think we went around the same time last year!
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 13, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Brilliant start, thanks, for sharing

xx
Old 5 May 13, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Vikkicat
Apprentice Imagineer

Excellent start! Livening the war over Donald too!
Vikkicat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 13, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
happyhope
VIP Dibber

Good start to your trippies