Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Closed Thread

Old 7 Jun 16, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
blah11
Getting Excited

We build our shopping time into rest days too along with celebration, Disney springs, waterparks etc x
blah11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 16, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

We don't devote an actual day or days to shopping, perhaps we'd go to, say, one of the malls in the afternoon after getting into a park first thing then leaving as it got busy.

Perhaps we'd do this several days through the holiday, little and often so to speak
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 16, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We enjoy 1 afternoon at just one Outlet Mall and that's it!

I wouldn't spend days and days of my holiday shopping, last year we got some good bargains in Nike, Ugg, Vans, Fossil for watches and then back to Disney. Plan to do the same next year, it might get different when my kids get older but at present they HATE shopping.
Old 7 Jun 16, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

we have a few shopping days scheduled/

did the outlets the last time and if you want older stock out of date stuff - then fair dos but we wouldn't go back there.

Malls are good as they have frogurt shops and nail bars etc so you can do things as well as just shopping. Bulid a bear on 4th July on florida mall for us for "fluffys" birthday (bought there in 2012). Nice air conditioned day off from the parks tbh...

Walmart and Target perhaps too to fill the fridge in the room with water, brewskis, fruit and snacks - just don't go Fri Sat night as its full of Americans, can you imagine... and plenty of non quality Disney merch in those shops...

then supplement that with some onsite shopping - job done...

just the outlets were seriously disappointing - eg character warehouse - raved about in here - went in july 2012 and bargain was St Patricks Day (march 17th 2012 on them) mickey Mouse ears! Now who would by those !
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 16, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
DLS1005
Imagineer

DLS1005's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

We choose to go when we don't want to go to a park or split the days up by going in either a morning, afternoon or evening then plan parks/other activities around it. I like shopping but wouldn't specifically set a day aside for it on holiday

*2013 - Villa, Seasons Blvd**2011- Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando**2009 - VIlla, Seasons Blvd**2003 - Best Western(The Econolodge Inn)**1999 - MIC Lakefront**1998 - Movieland Hotel*
DLS1005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 16, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

For me a shopping day is a waste of a day, I hate shopping on holiday! In the past we have done half day at a park or waterpark then gone shopping for a few hours (for the kids to spend their money). We did this a couple of times in the 2 weeks and as the kids have lists of things they want to buy we'll probably do the same this year.

Edited at 03:31 PM.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 16, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinxylady
Excited about Disney

We don't have a shopping day as such.

We normally use the morning before the flight home and pick up what we want en route to the airport.

On the list last time

Abercrombie
Uggs
Converse.

This year I think it will only be Abercrombie.
Old 7 Jun 16, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Gadge
Proud to wear my Ears

Most of the centres are open till late so you could go to them in an evening, maybe even do a couple at once.

The missus and the rest of the party buy all sorts of stuff they don't need and wouldn't buy at home, but I personally find shopping boring but if I come across an ice cream shop or some kind of food I've not eaten then I'm pretty happy.

The malls are really not that impressive when you look at what we have at home, nor are the prices.

so based upon that:

Altamonte Mall - We all found this to be a waste of a trip, which is surprising because it contained a 'Pandora' shop. The rest of the group informed me they wouldn't visit again (which is nice to know when they are not driving). No ice cream shops found.

Florida Mall - Pretty much has all the shops you can find at home, the seating outside the shops is great and it's got a "cold stones creamery" making this my no1 shopping mall.

Outlets - Good deals on trainers, I even purchased some vans and most of my gifts came from here for back home (clothing mostly I think, the missus picked it but the costs were reasonable).

Mall at Millenia - Probably the best looking mall but silly expensive, loads of seating, Starbucks and a great Italian place to eat in the food court (I think Florida mall also has the same Italian place).

Disney Springs - Loads of restaurants, and well worth a look - missus spent a fortune here on Pandora, one of the only shopping places I actually wanted to go back to, great atmosphere at night.

So yeah we traveled some 4000 miles and came back with loads of Pandora stuff

Edited at 04:12 PM.
Gadge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 16, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
churchy
Apprentice Imagineer

Its an essential part of the holiday for us.
We love a mooch round Target and Walmart.
Half a day at lake buena vista outlets for New handbags and trainers
churchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 16, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Picalily
Imagineer

Picalily's Reviews
We sometimes spend an afternoon in Walmart and buy a few sweets but can't be bothered with the malls.
Picalily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread