Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 7 Jan 17, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by charlie_fame View Post
If your looking for someone who will store your parcels and deliver them Carrie at destination occasion is amazing x highly recommend!
Is Carrie still doing parcel deliveries? The statement on website make it sound as though they may not be?
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 17, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Diesel_Staffie
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes I'm sure Carrie is still doing the parcel service. I can say that Carrie is lovely and does everything she can to help. I know she is stopping the wedding side of her business but think she is still doing other bits. She has a Facebook page, try and contact her through that :-)

Next trip : December 2023
Diesel_Staffie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Diesel_Staffie View Post
Yes I'm sure Carrie is still doing the parcel service. I can say that Carrie is lovely and does everything she can to help. I know she is stopping the wedding side of her business but think she is still doing other bits. She has a Facebook page, try and contact her through that :-)
Thank you. 😀
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Anne View Post
Did you pay by credit card? Can you put it in dispute?
It was used through paypal, but the goods were purchased Feb last year and we didn't get the delivery in July and gave her the benefit of the doubt, in hindsight too trusting I know. So when we went to raise the paypal dispute in October it was out of the 6 month dispute window, so we don't have this option now

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by yellowrose78 View Post
It was used through paypal, but the goods were purchased Feb last year and we didn't get the delivery in July and gave her the benefit of the doubt, in hindsight too trusting I know. So when we went to raise the paypal dispute in October it was out of the 6 month dispute window, so we don't have this option now
How do you pay your PayPal bill? Mine goes on my credit care for example and it that situation I would check if there was anything they could do.
It's appalling behaviour from a business. So sorry it happened to you. 😞
Old 8 Jan 17, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by yellowrose78 View Post
Sorry this happened to you. When it's a shop it's bad enough but when it's just another regular person like ourselves not being honest and doing the right thing it makes it so much worse. She may have given it to someone else in error but she should still reimburse you if not for her own peace of mind, for the reputation of her business.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Originally Posted by Minnie Mum View Post
How do you pay your PayPal bill? Mine goes on my credit care for example and it that situation I would check if there was anything they could do.
It's appalling behaviour from a business. So sorry it happened to you. 😞
It was on our debit card. Thanks, it's blatant theft! All she has to do is say sorry I lost the dress and send us a refund, it's just rude.

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Originally Posted by JoS View Post
Sorry this happened to you. When it's a shop it's bad enough but when it's just another regular person like ourselves not being honest and doing the right thing it makes it so much worse. She may have given it to someone else in error but she should still reimburse you if not for her own peace of mind, for the reputation of her business.
Absolutely, she thought she'd sent it to her friend in England and she would check and get her to post it to us. Never happened and all communication ignored. Not good!

Old 8 Jan 17, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Davenport is in Polk County, you could always contact the Sheriff or file a "small claims" with the Clerk of Court.

Edited at 08:17 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
kaboomba
Imagineer

Just to update that Carrie is no longer doing parcel services or event planning anymore, she posted an update at new year on her FB business page.

We have used Mockingjay services and she was fine, can't say the service was exceptional, we collected from her house but had lots of restrictions as to when we could collect, don't know why we couldn't have gone to her office but we got our stuff and all was fine. Probably wouldn't use again though.
kaboomba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List