Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 22 Dec 20, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Guys I am so disappointed with those of you who aren’t having a traditional turkey dinner.

I’m currently watching Elf the movie and for the sleigh to fly it needs Christmas cheer, and if you guys don’t have Christmas cheer Santa’s sleigh will never fly this Christmas😢.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 20, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Depends on my DSis and BIL !

Plan A was for 8 of us to eat at their house - full traditional Christmas lunch.

Now we’re in tier 4, we’ve moved to Plan B. Olga will cook lunch and plate it up. Her hubby will deliver it to me, his mum & sister and his son - not so much Meals on Wheels, more like Take-Aways on Sleighs.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 20, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

Mobile

Nope, but we aren’t going over the top with the Christmas dinner. We love a roast dinner, so we wouldn’t miss that, but we have scaled it back.

We aren’t doing starters and we’ve missed off a few different foods that we don’t like or that we aren’t fussed about.
Fluffypenguin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 20, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Yes we are having a curry can’t wait I hate that dry grey bird 🦃
Old 22 Dec 20, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

We are having roast chicken and the trimmings (assuming Asda deliver it tomorrow!). I was rooting for a lasagne but my partner really wanted a traditional roast and chicken is as close as we could get this year as our pre-ordered meat from Asda is now showing as out of stock... Thanks Asda!
Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 20, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
If it was just me and dh I’d have beef Wellington but my kids want a roast and I only cook them once a month now. I bought Morrison’s yorkshire puds and my son said he has to have Aunt Bessie’s for Fudge sake! 🤦
Old 22 Dec 20, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
If it was just me and dh I’d have beef Wellington but my kids want a roast and I only cook them once a month now. I bought Morrison’s yorkshire puds and my son said he has to have Aunt Bessie’s for Fudge sake! 🤦
Sandra, if my son said that I would tell him to stop being such a spoilt brat and either have the morrisons yorkshire puds or go without!
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 20, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Sandra, if my son said that I would tell him to stop being such a spoilt brat and either have the morrisons yorkshire puds or go without!
I could but he said he’ll pick some up from Asda himself! He eats four of them with his dinner!
Old 23 Dec 20, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Hang on a second...

Are there really people who don't make their own Yorkshires? Surely it's literally the simplest recipe in the whole wide world.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 20, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
I could but he said he’ll pick some up from Asda himself! He eats four of them with his dinner!
I wonder where he gets his appetite from