Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 15 Dec 19, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
sdf
slightly serious Dibber

Japan Cruise

Hello. Early stages but we would really like to cruise around Japan and have been looking at celebrity for ideas. Is there anyone that can provide any advice? I suppose initially we’d like to find out if there are any months to avoid. I know they have the typhoon season and our preference is October. I think typhoon season ends September? Also can anyone recommend a particular cruise line? We have only ever sailed with DCL.

Many thanks
sdf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

In September 2014, we did an 8day Japan cruise on the Diamond Princess. Through no fault of Princess it was a disaster - we had two typhoons which seriously affected the itinerary. The ship was a day late getting into Yokohama owing to the first typhoon and then we had two half day port calls (Osaka and Kobe) before setting off for the South China Sea for six days to escape the second typhoon. The ship was half full as the Japanese passengers didn’t bother boarding as they knew what was coming. The ship was two days late returning to Yokohama, so we had to rearrange flights home.
Princess looked after us very well - they gave free internet and calls, free wine with dinner and fully refunded our cruise fare, which was very fair considering it was an act of god.
So, you are wise to steer clear of typhoon season!
Omega1 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sdf
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks for that. Yeah I think I’ll stay well clear of typhoon season.
sdf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 19, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Cherry blossom season I think is April? That would be wonderful to see!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mermaids1960
Getting excited

mermaids1960's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 19
We’ve booked for end of October Celebrity Millennium, after considering Olympics and other things, we are stopping a couple of days at Tokyo Disney before we board ship 😊

Owner at Animal Kingdom
mermaids1960 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
June8th
Apprentice Imagineer

I can’t comment on the area ( Japan is on our bucket list), but we have cruised with several lines.

Cunard - most formal, food good, now does a paid for drinks package. We have enjoyed our cruises, very good lectures, passengers a good bunch!

Celebrity - slightly more relaxed dress wise, food just as good, drinks package can often be included with the price, passengers slightly more diverse/ American.

P & O - again slightly formal, food good, paid for drinks package, more English than the others, passengers were a good bunch. I would avoid the larger ships.

Princess - very similar to Celebrity.

NCL - slightly lower in every way to the above. We enjoyed our Hawaii cruise but the cruise out of Venice was like an American Butlins at sea!

We have enjoyed every cruise, some more than others, mostly down to other passengers.
June8th is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sdf
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mermaids1960 View Post
We’ve booked for end of October Celebrity Millennium, after considering Olympics and other things, we are stopping a couple of days at Tokyo Disney before we board ship 😊
Be interested to hear how you get on. Enjoy.