Notices

Old 3 Jun 18, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
bigbear
Imagineer

bigbear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Now We Are Six - UPDATE - I'm an idiot & posted in wrong forum - please go to wdw pre trip forum

So, we went to WDW in 2008, when DD and DS were 18 and 13, for our "once in a lifetime". We returned (as you do) in 2015 and had three weeks, celebrating DD qualifying as a doctor, which included a trip to the coast. We are returning this time accompanied by DD and DS's partners. We would have left it a little longer but we all wanted to go together and, because of their various career paths, this year was the best option.
We have the same beautiful Dibb villa booked that we had last time and we are spending three weeks there followed by one night at a hotel as, even with the hotel cost, our flights were cheaper. DD's partner has been once before as a child and DS's partner has never been and is beyond excited!
None of our party received birthday gifts from us in the past year - they are getting their presents in the form of Disney treats - all will be explained later in the post. Also, their main Christmas gift in 2017 was a ticket for Discovery Cove.
Our party is;
DH - works very hard, brilliant dad and hubby. Loves music of all genres. As much as he enjoys Disney and Universal, music is his first love as will be seen in the plan for his "Disney birthday".
DD (28)- a doctor who is full of compassion for her patients. Not sure where her brains came from! She studied medicine at Oxford but never really fitted with the "Oxford bubble". Her professional passions are in psychiatry, learning disabilities and end of life care. She is a massive comic book fan who loves Marvel, attends comic cons and cosplays several Marvel characters. She also loves animals and owns two gorgeous guinea pigs

DS (23)- a trombonist who plays (mainly jazz but generally whoever will pay him!) and teaches all brass instruments whilst still studying for a degree himself (in music, of course). He loves all things Disney and shares his sister’s passion for Marvel. Brother and sister have always seen every Marvel film together, before they see with anyone else, which is really sweet but can be tricky as they live nearly 200 miles apart! Also, loves animals and owns a positively geriatric dwarf hamster who is 4!

DD partner is a professional magician (and a physics graduate) who has had several TV appearances and tours all the time both in the UK and overseas. He will be joining us for most of the trip but can’t make all of it due to professional commitments. He loves Star Wars.
DS partner is studying for a degree in accountancy. Loves all things Disney, especially princesses. She is the youngest member of our party and her ‘Disney birthday’ will be on her actual 22nd birthday.
I have no idea whether anyone will be interested but I thought I would try to briefly share my plans, if they are
I have been busy booking fastpasses over the last 2 weeks and I think we are just about ready to go. Oh yes, we fly out on 7th July and stay for 22 nights.

Quick Edit: Just realised I didn't mention me. I teach in FE, mainly working with students who have dyslexia. I love being with my family above all else and being with them at Disney is the most wonderful thing ever. I have a big soft spot for WInnie the Pooh and friends. I have Pooh characters (soft toys and ornaments) all over the house.

Edited at 09:49 PM. Reason: Punctuation
bigbear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 18, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
bigbear
Imagineer

bigbear's Reviews
Day 1

Here's the countdown on my fridge - we started it over two years ago (it's done two holidays now):

I nearly posted this but realised just in time that my son had been playing a joke on me

Day 1 (Travel Day)
Five of us are flying out of Manchester with Thomas Cook at lunchtime on Saturday, 7th July. We only live about an hour away and have booked a minibus to get there. Before Christmas, I got a deal, through Martin Lewis, on an airport lounge, so we are heading there for breaky and a relax. We have booked a 7 seater with Car on the Drive - I know they're pricey but DH loved the service we had last time and they will insure DS (23) to drive the car which will take a weight off DH's shoulders as he usually ends up doing all the driving in the US. Strange really, because I do it all at home, as DH drives a lot for work, and I have driven all over the continent but the US roads scare me! The plan is to get the villa, unpack, settle in, dip in the pool and order Flippers pizza to eat with some wine that COTD are getting for us.
Because the holiday has a few surprises for people in it, I have made little A4 posters for each day we are there. I did this last time too. I produce the poster the night before so everyone knows what we are doing the next day, what time they need to be ready, what they need to take with them, any surprises I have planned etc I put pictures on of restaurants and the logo of any parks to be visited.
Here's one I made earlier - sorry it's a bit muzzy :

This is where I'm counting down the days for:

I'll try to do day 2 tomorrow but the eagle-eyed may notice some clues in the muzzy picture
Disneyland, Paris 1998 & 2001
bigbear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 18, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Oooooh looking forward to reading along 😀
Old 3 Jun 18, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
bigbear
Imagineer

bigbear's Reviews
Originally Posted by Jaspercat10 View Post
Oooooh looking forward to reading along 😀
Thank you so much but I'm such an idiot! I've posted in the wrong forum! I meant to put this in the Disneyworld pre-trip reports so I've copied and pasted across to there. Really sorry to confuse you. I'll edit the title so people know
Disneyland, Paris 1998 & 2001