Notices

View Poll Results: Which area of the ship do you prefer?
Forward 4 4.88%
Mid-ship 38 46.34%
Aft 17 20.73%
Don't mind 23 28.05%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20 Sep 19, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Mobile

1. Midship for stability (I'm fine but my wife is more sensitive to it).
2. Price. I really can't see the point of double the cost for a balcony, I don't go on holiday to sit in my room isolated from everyone else.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

Mobile

On my cruise line of choice it’s a specially selected cheapest balcony mid ships and partially obstructed but isn’t obstructed at all. Like sitting out late at night and early morning listening to the waves.
SimonB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
We don’t really care as long as we’re on the ship. We’ve done most locations and categories now and I think our favourite is probably a deck 5 Cat 8a on the Dream/Fantasy or a deck 5 inside sideways room on Magic/Wonder.

Or concierge - that’ll do too!
Old 21 Sep 19, 06:57 AM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We just got back from a cruise on the Disney Magic and we were in an aft cabin. I loved being close to the elevators, but I found the choppy North Sea a bit much on the last few nights and didn’t get any sleep. In future I would try midship.
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
SuziQz
VIP Dibber

We did our 1st trip in August and decided on midship due to concerns about movement but may move backwards a bit next time. We had cabins above and below us which was fine, and I checked the floor plan to make sure I picked a cabin without a connecting door
2019 DCL - Northern Europe
2020 YC/HRH - delayed to 2022
2021 DCL - 4 night Staycation
2022 YC/HRH v2!, 2023 DCL - Alaska
2024 DCL - Spain
SuziQz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Steeko
I want to go now!

Normally somewhere central but my main aim is to avoid being near the lifts & stairwells so it’s quieter.
Steeko is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Were going to try midship next time. We did act last time and the room was perfect, we didn’t feel any of the vibrations either. However I was seasick. So I want to try midship next time and see if it makes a difference.

Forward is a definite no from me. We walked to the ship to do the fish extender and I felt HORRIFIC and was clinging onto the walls. So that’s a definite no 😂
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
JSP
Imagineer

We don’t mind, we just look at what is above and below us
Old 3 Feb 20, 03:52 AM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Cabins above and below for us ie not above the theatre or dance area etc or near the lifts. Depending on where in the world we are travelling will decide on port of starboard.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Frankie & gang
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by JAF View Post
Cabins above and below for us ie not above the theatre or dance area etc or near the lifts. Depending on where in the world we are travelling will decide on port of starboard.
Following this thread with interest as thinking of booking 1st cruise. If you were cruising in the Eastern Med, specifically Dubrovnik, corfu would port or starboard be better?