Notices

Old 5 Nov 18, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
It sounds like a dismal summer with life dishing out the dirt for you. I hope you are able to enjoy your adults only getaway.

I am in approval of the no plan/morning outings plan. Who needs to go anywhere when you've got afternoon tea, followed by cocktails, followed by canapes?

I'm loving the look of all your outfits. I hope you get the chance to wear them all...don't let that interfere with the eating of canapes and drinking of cocktails though.

I'm looking forward to reading all about this next adventure in the eastern direction and not the westerly direction. Who knows maybe a new love will be kindled?

I bet you come home all relaxed and pampered ready to tackle what is thrown at you next.I'm confident the cocktails will help prepare your liver for the inevitable excesses of Christmas and who cares if you've spent all the present money on a holiday for yourselves...ok so the teens (can I still call them that? Perhaps that description is inadequate now?) might have a grumble, but then they always find something to grumble about.

Have a blast it sounds like you need it!

X

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 18, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
I’ve had confirmation back for our booking at Burj Al Arab. Hurrah.

I had wanted to do the cocktails at Gold on 24 but then I read that it’s a place that allows smoking so we binned it. Andys been an ex smoker the best part of 10 years now so it’s just not something that would be enjoyable for us.

Instead we’ve gone for their sunset drinks, DJ and tapas type package at the Scape Lounge. Which means we will also still be able to get back to our hotel for late dinner and the all important cocktails.

Still waiting for Viator to confirm our Burj Khalifa tix slot which is a bit annoying as the availability is getting limited. I only booked with them for a discount. I wish I’d booked direct on the site now.

Now reviewing the in flight film options . Ever the planner ...
How exciting Your plans all sound fab! Fingers crossed that you get the confirmation for the Burj Khalifa asap.

I miss our group chats too I just can't get into the new social group the same as our original one. Hope the boys are well even if they are giving you a headache

Wishing Andy & yourself a fantastic well deserved break Looking forward to the report.

Kelly x
Cutiepie is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 18, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post

4 cases for 5 days? I assume Andy is only taking hand luggage? 😂😂😂 Sounds absolutely fabulous! Make sure your luggage scale goes in a suitcase not like silly me in hand luggage - they cut the measuring bit out and offered us the empty shell!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 18, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

We loved loved loved Dubai and would go back in an instant. Looking forward to seeing it again through your eyes. Enjoy the luxury.
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 18, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
After the year you’ve had, you deserve a bit of spoiling Amanda! Hope you both enjoy every single moment and all the dramas are at an end now. X
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 18, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker's Fluff
Imagineer

Sounds like an amazing trip Amanda.
I would love to go, but I am slightly apprehensive for various reasons.
I hope that your year improves soon.
More dresses...

1997/1998 Quality Inn.2006 Villa.2007&2008Fairfield
2013 LBV Resort and Spa 2015 Sheraton Times Sq.NY.
2016 Barcelo Teguise Beach 2016 Trump Int Toronto
2016 Xmas in NY.2018 LBV Resort And Spa 2019 Croatia Venice and Boston
Beaker's Fluff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 18, 01:14 AM  
Link to this Post
RT7
Imagineer

We love Dubai and have lost count the number of times we have been over the last 12 years.
Really looking forward to your trip report.
Old 6 Nov 18, 02:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

It sounds like you have some great (non) plans Looking forward to reading along.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 18, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Sounds like a fab trip Amanda, sorry to hear you've had a tough year

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 18, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

We might be joining you honey. I had originally tried to get quote for our fav hotel but it was coming out at nearly 7k.

However just been on expedia and got another amazing price for just under 3.5k... premium and club at the Al Qasr.

I will wave to you. xxxxx
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List