Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 25 Sep 19, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
digdisney
Dibbing with Tink

digdisney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Planet Cruise

Has anyone used these? We have booked with them and wish I had booked direct with Celebrity now

My son is supposed to have a free softs drinks package. They promise they will add it and never do, trying to get in touch with them is driving me mad. Our names are also spelt wrong, probs not an issue but I want it sorted.

Also, the day after I booked, the cruise line started offering $500 OBC too which annoyed me. Thats not planets fault, but its done my head in

I thought maybe the phone lines are so busy due to Thomas Cook.

Anyone used them before? are they terrible?

8 Trips and counting
digdisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

A few years ago we were on a Japan cruise that was totally disrupted by two typhoons. Our travel agent was excellent in keeping us informed, rearranging hotels and flights etc. Other passengers with Planet Cruise were left to their own devices and had to make their own arrangements and incur additional expense. By all accounts, Planet Cruise were useless.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
digdisney
Dibbing with Tink

digdisney's Reviews
Originally Posted by Omega1 View Post
A few years ago we were on a Japan cruise that was totally disrupted by two typhoons. Our travel agent was excellent in keeping us informed, rearranging hotels and flights etc. Other passengers with Planet Cruise were left to their own devices and had to make their own arrangements and incur additional expense. By all accounts, Planet Cruise were useless.
This is what I was afraid off. Read a few bad reviews now too.

Ive only been booked 5 days and they seem useless! I only want what was advertised and what I paid for!

8 Trips and counting
digdisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by digdisney View Post
This is what I was afraid off. Read a few bad reviews now too.

Ive only been booked 5 days and they seem useless! I only want what was advertised and what I paid for!
Have you paid in full or deposit only? Might be better to lose deposit and take the direct offer?
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
digdisney
Dibbing with Tink

digdisney's Reviews
Originally Posted by arielrocks View Post
Have you paid in full or deposit only? Might be better to lose deposit and take the direct offer?
I considered that. We have only paid £450 - managed to speak to someone there who have changed our names, and said the drinks package will take 30 days to add on. Got them to confirm it Via email.

Will see what happens, hopefully its all smooth from now on. Also asked if I could have the extra On board credit, was told no, but you gotta try

8 Trips and counting
Old 25 Sep 19, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Hi Becky,

I can’t help with Planet Cruise, but we booked a celebrity cruise direct with them last week a few days before the obc increased, I’ve called them today and asked if it would apply to us and was told it was only for sailings from Southampton, (can’t see that in the T’s and C’s) and we sail from Venice

We’ve had 6 invoices so far and only the latest one mentioned the drinks package etc, so I do think it takes them a while to load all the details and confirm it all, plus with yourselves they’ll be notifying Planet Cruise first who then will advise you

Hope this helps x
Loulou127 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
holidayforever
Serious Dibber

Booked my last cruise 3 night Thomson music cruise with Planet not overly impressed took ages to reply to a email , when I got the invoice it had Iglucruise on it .won’t be using them again I normally use Vivavoyage they are very good last year booked a Cruise to Japan with included dink package, 4 months later it had reduced by over £600 plus added free WiFi , emailed them asked if I could cancel the cruise and rebook at the new offer , lovely lady phoned me and said they would do it for me while she was on the phone , did have to lose the £200 deposit of first cruise but still a Win Win
holidayforever is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
digdisney
Dibbing with Tink

digdisney's Reviews
Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
Hi Becky,

I can’t help with Planet Cruise, but we booked a celebrity cruise direct with them last week a few days before the obc increased, I’ve called them today and asked if it would apply to us and was told it was only for sailings from Southampton, (can’t see that in the T’s and C’s) and we sail from Venice

We’ve had 6 invoices so far and only the latest one mentioned the drinks package etc, so I do think it takes them a while to load all the details and confirm it all, plus with yourselves they’ll be notifying Planet Cruise first who then will advise you

Hope this helps x
Thankyou for the info, thats made me feel better I just wish they would get on with it!
Were going from Southampton, I might ask them again about the OBC. Between us were paying well over £30.000! missed the extra credit by hours! probably silly to some people, but im annoyed about it!

8 Trips and counting
Old 25 Sep 19, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
digdisney
Dibbing with Tink

digdisney's Reviews
Originally Posted by holidayforever View Post
Booked my last cruise 3 night Thomson music cruise with Planet not overly impressed took ages to reply to a email , when I got the invoice it had Iglucruise on it .won’t be using them again I normally use Vivavoyage they are very good last year booked a Cruise to Japan with included dink package, 4 months later it had reduced by over £600 plus added free WiFi , emailed them asked if I could cancel the cruise and rebook at the new offer , lovely lady phoned me and said they would do it for me while she was on the phone , did have to lose the £200 deposit of first cruise but still a Win Win
Now thats what it should be like! I shall look out for them in future.
I think Planet Cruise and Iglu have merged or the one bought the other, sommat like that anyway

8 Trips and counting
Old 25 Sep 19, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

With regards to drinks package, our daughters didn't show when we booked direct with celebrity, I didn't even think anything of it at first as I had it confirmed when I booked. It still didn't show when we boarded but was easily sorted when we got onboard by going to guest services, took all of 5 mins.
disney_l81 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List