Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 5 Nov 19, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by arielrocks View Post
Yes Sindu is on the Britannia and FABULOUS.

Avoid the mid lifts, there are no stairs there and the whole area just gets so congested. Walk forward/aft and use those lifts, it will still be faster than waiting!
I’m starting to think that sindu is on most of their ships. It’s on the Iona too, or going to be
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Sindu is better. Dunno if that’s on Britannia tho as we’ve only ever been on azura
Originally Posted by arielrocks View Post
Yes Sindu is on the Britannia and FABULOUS.

Avoid the mid lifts, there are no stairs there and the whole area just gets so congested. Walk forward/aft and use those lifts, it will still be faster than waiting!
I hate to say it but our evening in Sindu was simply dreadful.
OVer an hour for starters to arrive, some of the main course was raw and the service was non existent - not just for us but we spoke to other diners some of whom had waited 90 minutes for their starter and had all their costs refunded!

Mind you our service in the MDR was dreadful 50% of the time - we had to ask 3 times for water one evening! We found the choices quite limited in the MDR too.
We found the buffet much nicer but we also loved the Beach House and the Epicurean!
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by katiec68 View Post
I hate to say it but our evening in Sindu was simply dreadful.
OVer an hour for starters to arrive, some of the main course was raw and the service was non existent - not just for us but we spoke to other diners some of whom had waited 90 minutes for their starter and had all their costs refunded!

Mind you our service in the MDR was dreadful 50% of the time - we had to ask 3 times for water one evening! We found the choices quite limited in the MDR too.
We found the buffet much nicer but we also loved the Beach House and the Epicurean!
I hope we never get that as that sounds awful. What ship was that on. We went to sindu twice in a week cos it was so good. Until we got a phone call during pudding to go collect our other puddings 🙄
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 19, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
I hope we never get that as that sounds awful. What ship was that on. We went to sindu twice in a week cos it was so good. Until we got a phone call during pudding to go collect our other puddings 🙄
That was Britannia this summer. We were not impressed

We have been on Arcadia before and think we preferred her -maybe just a bit more intimate.
That said there was absolutely nothing wrong with Britannia - just 95% rather than 100%
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I really liked Sindhu on the Azura, but I had all the food dumped on me within about 15 mins. From the pre appetiser things to the petit fours. I was on my own, but would have liked to chill with my book a bit to try to eat a bit more.
I actually liked the MDR best on P&O, Sindhu was good, Epicurean not worth the money, The glass house had stunning views and food was nice but service poor, think as there is no bar near etc, and buffet last. Mind you I do hate a scramble
Old 1 Jan 20, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Greyfriars
Imagineer

Thanks for all your comments. We have just finished packing and are off on Saturday.
Old 1 Jan 20, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Greyfriars View Post
Thanks for all your comments. We have just finished packing and are off on Saturday.
Have a great time

Mick & Joan
Old 2 Jan 20, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

We have just booked for next January. Will be looking for any feedback / hints and tips
Have a great time.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Greyfriars
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Have a great time

Mick & Joan
We will certainly try!
Old 3 Jan 20, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer