Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 9 Dec 19, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Jo
Imagineer

What do you plan for the weekends whilst in Florida?

Hi,

We are visiting in August 2020 and I am just starting to think about our plan. We are hoping to go to Wild Florida or Gatorland, visit the Disney parks and some shopping days.

We have been previously in August and visited the parks at the weekend and we see an increase with the crowds but only slightly. I know some of the guides recommend avoiding parks at the weekend.

Are we best taking this advice and doing Gatorland at the weekend and a shopping day maybe instead - or will they be busier as its the weekend and we are best just visiting a park if it works with out plan?

Forgot to mention we are staying onsite and will make the most of FP planning.

Any advice appreciated

Edited at 08:40 PM.
Disney Jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post

When I am at Universal, I often spend Saturdays at a shopping mall or maybe have a pool day. When onsite at Disney, I will go to the parks at thee weekends, I use up my three fastpasses and then go with the flow, if if I can get more FPs I will but if I can’t I would probably head back to resort or Disney Springs.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 19, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

We have the express pass at Universal so don't mind that being a weekend. We do Disney Springs on the middle Saturday and I avoid the water parks at the weekend. Other than that we just check the busy day guides and never had a real problem.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 19, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post

water parks or shopping
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 19, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzy1
Excited about Disney

Wild Florida, the nature reserves and rest days by the pool. We try to avoid the weekend crowds when we can.
dizzy1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 19, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Cupcake33
Excited about Disney

Last time we went we had pool days and Disney Springs. Next year I've planned Seaworld on a Sunday only because I can't fit it in any other time and I've read Seaworld is a quieter park but who knows?
Cupcake33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 19, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

We stay offsit, we go to the parks on the weekend, ususally early then go do something else lunchtime or we go to the parks for the evening from around 4ish
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz242
Very Serious Dibber

Sometimes we go to a park early then leave by mid morning and head to Disney Springs or a shopping mall. We also try and book Discovery Cove at the weekend as there is a limit on numbers so it's never too busy. On our last trip we did go to Gatorland one afternoon and I don't remember it being too busy despite it being the weekend.
Buzz242 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 19, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
adreamisawish
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I’d maybe say Rope Drop a park. I’ve tended to that and then park hop throughout the day. These tend to be the days where I end up seeing new things, because my favourite things are too busy to do. I tend to take in as many shows as possible too.

Alternatively I’d head to Disney Springs early and shop for presents for people at home, have a late lunch and then have a pool afternoon/evening.