Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 12 Feb 17, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sully301 View Post
they may well have been, just informing people of my experience so they don't get caught out too.
I have been automatically charged to my CC at $1k as well. Caught me out because I thought it was $1.5
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 17, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Very strange. The limit is clearly shown as $1500 for value and moderates and $2000 for deluxe on many sites. I've sent a question to Mom's panel to check.

Edited at 08:16 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 17, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
Very strange. The limit is clearly shown as $1500 for value and moderates and $2000 for deluxe on many sites. I've sent a question to Mom's panel to check.
they said they did it for my convenience...so i wouldn't get to pay for something in the park and my room card be declined! I asked on check in and they said the same as you have quoted.
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 17, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
alanm
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
The credit card on file won't be charged until the night before you check out, so you just need to do it before then
What happens if you have your last adr on the evening of check out day, should we just tip in cash for that last meal or would they just charge your card a second time?

Plan to use our $200 gift card to cover other adr tips
alanm is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 17, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by alanm View Post
What happens if you have your last adr on the evening of check out day, should we just tip in cash for that last meal or would they just charge your card a second time?

Plan to use our $200 gift card to cover other adr tips
If you go via reception on the way back to your room after the meal you should have time to pay off the charges before they charge your cc. I think we'll probably just pay the last dinner tip in cash though.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 17, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
alanm
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
If you go via reception on the way back to your room after the meal you should have time to pay off the charges before they charge your cc. I think we'll probably just pay the last dinner tip in cash though.
We will have checked out of SSR & checked into a villa but going to AKL for dinner at Boma, cash tip here is probably easier
alanm is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 17, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
OP Pixie Dust
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Using the Gift Card

Hi

Hopefully a related question:

if you collect your gift card from Disney springs at the start of our trip will the restaurants accept payment from the gift card each time for a tip or do you have to charge the tip to your room and then use the gift card at the hotel only to pay it off?

Thank you
OP Pixie Dust is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 17, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by OP Pixie Dust View Post
Hi

Hopefully a related question:

if you collect your gift card from Disney springs at the start of our trip will the restaurants accept payment from the gift card each time for a tip or do you have to charge the tip to your room and then use the gift card at the hotel only to pay it off?

Thank you
It's fine to use the gift card in the restaurants to pay the tip with

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 17, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
OP Pixie Dust
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Thank you

I was unsure where you could use the card as the small print on the letter just says something along the lines of selected Disney properties.

OP Pixie Dust is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 17, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

Could I just jump on this thread pls and ask if you get to choose your own giftcard?
In the past. they've had some really cute designs so I've actually bought several of them (minimum amount on each!) just to spend them on what I already planned to, so I could keep the card for my scrapbook

Also, could you have 2 x $100 or is that being really cheeky lol!
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List