Notices

Old 31 Aug 19, 03:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Tj28
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Jamie99 View Post
We are due out Monday from Orlando so looks like we won’t be going. Ive not heard anything from BA at all, has anyone else? Someone mentioned a special phone number does anyone know what it is?
Jamie, are you with BA or BA holidays? We have a fly-drive so are with BA holidays. Their number is 44 208 707 4461. They were really helpful earlier and switched us to a Monday flight from Tuesday - only that is now almost certainly going to be cancelled as MCO is shut. Back to the drawing board...
Tj28 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 03:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Tj28
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by willssv View Post
Also supposed to flying on Monday with BA. Not heard anything yet and looking at forecasts looks like an overreaction to shut on Monday at 02:00. My guess is that BA are banking on that timeline to move later, therefore honouring the Monday flights. I’d take an earlier flight but don’t reckon that is likely.
That’s my suspicion too which is why we haven’t contacted them again this evening even though it’s a 24 hour helpline.

Edited at 03:27 AM. Reason: Spelling
Tj28 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 03:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Jamie99
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tj28 View Post
Jamie, are you with BA or BA holidays? We have a fly-drive so are with BA holidays. Their number is 44 208 707 4461. They were really helpful earlier and switched us to a Monday flight from Tuesday - only that is now almost certainly going to be cancelled as MCO is shut. Back to the drawing board...
just the flight so BA. Perhaps things will be clearer in the morning,
Jamie99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 04:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by onion2803 View Post
Landed a few hours ago, just made it to our hotel for next two nights - MCO was busy, immigration took 1.5hrs but at least bags were ready on the other side. Pilot told Virgin crew that the airport was closing Sunday night so they were relived to hear that they’ll make it home tomorrow.

We saw hardly any queues for fuel on way from airport to I-drive, just the odd car here and there. No indications that the fuel had run out either.

Turkey Lake Walmart has water but it’s chaos in there I almost lost the will to live.

Glad we arrived early...just trying to figure out our DVC stays over Monday-Thursday now 😩

Good luck to everyone making the journey...it’s roasty toasty here at the moment! X

Thanks for the update and glad you got there ok.
Looking like our flight on Sunday will be going so we should land around 4pm.
Old 31 Aug 19, 04:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Just seen this update on FB and it looks like Dorian has shifted a bit

This was from Denis Phillips who updates quite regularly
Old 31 Aug 19, 04:45 AM  
Link to this Post
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Just had email confirmation from Lufthansa that out 19.59 flight on Monday has been cancelled. Hopefully moving back on site Sunday ( which was our original plan) hope they can accommodate us a while longer.
2010 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 06:37 AM  
Link to this Post
JohnD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by voicon View Post
There were people at the pumps of the shell on Vineland today at 6.99 a gallon they apparently still have fuel.
Would that not violate the laws on price-gouging when a state of emergency has been declared?

It is hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.
JohnD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 06:54 AM  
Link to this Post
fleur_charms
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Can any clarify for me, did anyone have a package booking with TC this morning and get it cancelled/moved with no choice? They told our friend even though the flight was going ahead they would not allow package booking customers to travel, which I don't understand. He had no choice but to have it cancel and rebook at his expense with Norwegian.
fleur_charms is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
mini1712
Earning More Ears

Mobile

I was due to fly out on Monday with TC on a flight only. Thinking of booking online for Friday instead of trying to get through to TC. Don’t know what to do for the best. Staying at POR so changing hotel dates should be fine.
mini1712 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
Would that not violate the laws on price-gouging when a state of emergency has been declared?
If it’s the one I’m thinking of, their prices are always that high as they don’t want to sell fuel but have to. I have heard they just want to run a shop.
fizzypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List